Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More a reintroduction.

Mira
    Hi there, I have seen your name around here sometimes. Its nice to meet you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

What's happening re work etc?
    How are you finding the sert? When was your last meds review? Are you eating and drinking properly? How are the kids coping? (I've loved seeing your pics on FB!)
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Mummyhill, I'm a comparative newbie on DWD, not surprising you are struggling as this covid business has thrown us all in to a whirl.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Mummyhill
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What's happening re work etc?
    How are you finding the sert? When was your last meds review? Are you eating and drinking properly? How are the kids coping? (I've loved seeing your pics on FB!)
    So I worked for 3 years in a pub. Someone in my household kept pushing me to get a "proper" job with better hours. I got offered the opportunity to work in a customer service role in a call center and I took it. During training I came to realize it's not a straight forward csu role it's retention which is trying to retain customers who wish to cancel their subscription to your services. This is something I am not entirely comfortable with but I give it a go. I lasted 5 months before I just couldn't do it anymore I was shaking at the thought of going to work. I went in and broke down was sent home gp put me on medication and signed me off. Whilst I was off sick I was approached by the pub I worked for previously to see if I would pick up some shifts to help them out as they were desperate for experienced staff. So I hand in my notice and go back to work at the pub supported by the whole family. I am feeling so much better in myself and starting to take interest in things again.

I've been back 5 weeks and covid hits. Now my pub is shut, I'm on furlough which is ok because I will get paid however as much as I love my children I've now had 2 weeks of them and these 4 walls. 1 is aspies, 1 is asd and the other is just a full on ray of sunshine.

My big one with aspies also has anxiety and tends to be very passive agressive, I'm not coping well with that right now. Middle gives the best hugs but with Asd and puberty hormones going on he's not coping well with it either.

I'm eating well, I'm drinking lots of cups of tea. Sert is fine n ow the side effects have worn off. Meds review was 3 weeks ago all is fine.

I will continue to spam facebook and instagram.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummyhill For This Useful Post:

OldMike (03-04-20)

I knew about the jobs thing. How has he taken you going back to the pub? Was he supportive?
    It's brilliant that you're getting out into the garden and doing things things... It is hard when they all have such different needs, but you're doing a great job love..

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I get the issues with call centres hunni and they class retentions as customer service for some reason, in one way it is but in other ways it isnt.
    Your doing so well right now, it is hard, but you can get out as a family for a hour as long as no one has symptoms, is that possible?
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Mummyhill
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I knew about the jobs thing. How has he taken you going back to the pub? Was he supportive?
    It's brilliant that you're getting out into the garden and doing things things... It is hard when they all have such different needs, but you're doing a great job love..
    He was really supportive about it to begin with. However they’ve started putting me on all weekend every weekend again. I get why it’s the busiest time so it’s when they need me. He’s not liking it very much and is making the usual comments. Although since I’m at home on furlough he’s being ok.

Is there no way that you could do alternate weekends or something? It'll mean that you don't spend time with the kids at the weekends at all, and I know how important spending time with them is to you.... Also might make him easier to live with too lol

Mummyhill
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I get the issues with call centres hunni and they class retentions as customer service for some reason, in one way it is but in other ways it isnt.
    Your doing so well right now, it is hard, but you can get out as a family for a hour as long as no one has symptoms, is that possible?
    I felt like I was ripping people off and the pressure to retain 50% of the people you speak to in minimum amount of discount is horrid. I didn’t mind the actual customer service calls where you are changing details for people of just renewing their services or reinstating agreements but the retention sideways awful. I’m so much happier not doing it

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Yup I get it sweetie its not always great but the actual customer service side is brilliant well can be if they are not shouting and swearing at you/
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR