Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Help required - re: Pregabalin

Did you enjoy having the girls with you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It was good to see them but I have been going downhill for a few days. The worrying thoughts about 5 years time are repeating themselves in my head every 30-60 seconds x
    One day at a time ....😃

Then I’m glad you’ve got a few days to recup. Do you and Pen have any plans?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sweetheart what is it that you are worried about? 5 years is a long time away... You need to use this time to get better....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi ladies,
    It is worry over the maintenance stopping (as usual)
    Of course, Penny has reassured me that we will be ok but I guess I am still frightened about income long term.
    I will take it steady in the next few days. Pen and I are going to spend time together, maybe a little gardening and some crafts. We have been working on a 5 year vision as a positive thing rather than a negative, doom and gloom thought process. One of the things we have talked about is a mural in the kitchen x
    One day at a time ....😃

Sweetheart I can understand you being concerned, but hunni there is no point making yourself so ill that you are heading to breakdown because of it....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (02-05-20)

Hello friends,
    Thought I would write something on here. I am discovering the joys of daughters having boyfriends I feel wrung out tbh. My ex had the girls for 10 days, giving me a break. 2 days ago my eldest finished with her boyf. ( for it turns out, a number of reasons ) It now seems to be back on. I am feeling v.tired, Mum is needing quite a lot of support. It is her b.day today so we invited her over for lunch. When I have conversed with her for a few hours I am completely rung out. I have signed up for a college course for September, which is something for me to look forward to as the autumn draws near. Pen and I have had a few treats, one being the delivery of a cream tea, sooo yummy. I am listening to audio books again and helping out in the studio. Pen’s dad is in hospital sadly, he has been diagnosed with Covid - it seems he caught it there! Pen has been really worried about him, one whole month without seeing a family member From a selfish point of view, it has given me time to focus on getting things done in the house, time to cross stitch etc. x
    One day at a time ....😃

Oh no poor Pen and her Dad! What a terrible worry for her.
    What do you find so challenging about your Mum?
    What's the college course?

I feel your pain with girls and their boyfriends!

Sorry about Pen’s dad, is he recovering at all? But I am glad you’re able to enjoy your time at home, relaxing

Thanks ladies.
    The course is a teaching's assistant qualification (level 2)
    I guess with Mum, she is still in the very early stages of grieving, so I always want to say the right thing. Today is the first birthday she has celebrated since being a widow. I cooked a nice lunch and we gave her some ceramic owls, a Nan mug and a light up tree for the garden x
    One day at a time ....😃