Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help required - re: Pregabalin

Do you want to talk about what's going round in your head lovley?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes..
    I am really panicking about my medication. I am going to ask the psych. to try to help me work out a plan so that I take meds in the morning and bedtime only. One of the reasons I quit the job was that it was proving more difficult to fit my meds into my work shifts. I *really* feel like a drug addict. I feel like I am just heading towards dead ends in my head. It all seems hopeless and I am struggling to function. I feel it is all my fault for going on the different meds I take x
    One day at a time ....😃

Most of us are on multiple meds, lovely, and we’ve all felt the same at times. But you have those meds for a reason - to help you heal - and they wouldn’t have been prescribed if your doctors didn’t thank they would help you. Honestly? Right now is not the time to be mucking about with your meds, unless the doctor advises you to. You are struggling and you need all the help you can get
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

^^^wss

Hunni do you think I'm a drug addict? I take Pregabalin, fexofenadine, sukkarto, losarto, indomethacin, paracetamol, have codine too and others and cbd oil too..... I take in total somewhere between 20 and 26 different tablets a day and cbd oil... It doesn't mean anything against me apart from that I need them to be able to function. I take them split into 4 doses a day + 2 cbd doses. Yes the pregabalin I am physically addicted to, but it doesn't make me any less of a person.

Right now you are going to be struggling because of all the changes you've made. I really, really think your best option is to go back on the dose you were prescribed, allow yourself time to heal and to stabilise - it might take 4 weeks, it might take 6 months or 6 years.... The time isn't important. You just have to stop seeing the meds as the enemy. They aren't. They are there to help. As has been said, you wouldn't have been prescribed them if your doctor didn't think you needed them.
    Also, stress, lack of sleep (I imagine your sleep has been rubbish as you've been worrying about all this and with the changes of dose) will all have a negative impact on you and your mood....

I must be a small time drug addict compared to you Suzi, I take 14 pills a day plus an inhaler. I certainly don’t take them by choice but they are necessary to keep me alive and with a better quality of life.

john d
    Not far behind either of you!
    These ladies are worth listening to

It's about what's best for you? Taking the meds (which I hate too) or not being able to move without screaming in pain without the medication....

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I take 6 meds everyday, 1 as and when needed and also have 1 med to inject weekly. 2 of them, plus the one I take as needed, were given to me to manage my mental health, 1 plus the injection allow me to use my hands without pain and minimise damage to my joints, 1 is to deal with a vitamin deficiency the injection may cause and the other 2 are to deal with a hormone imbalance. Those meds allow me to function and have a life. I'd rather not have to take them but I wouldn't be able to live the life I do without them
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I take 29 tablets a day plus inhalers, and I’m waiting for a new prescription to come through. I’m not pretending I like it but I also know I couldn’t live without them. I think what we are all trying to show you is that meds aren’t the enemy, they’re tools that can help you have your life back....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.