Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help required - re: Pregabalin

Help required - re: Pregabalin

Hi, does anyone hold down a job taking Pregabalin?
    I am in a mess with it..seeing my psychiatrist on 15th April but in the mean time my meds are all over the place x
    One day at a time ....😃

I do my voluntary work, drive, live a normal life with pregabalin. However, have you been stable on a dose for a while? And don’t forget you’ve recently been struggling, which will impact every area of your life, including meds. And are you well enough to go back to work yet?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I don't work but I am studying for a psychology degree while on it. I couldn't keep my anxiety under control without it.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I have reduced my day time doses in the last few days (I discussed it with the GP on Friday) I am panicking about coping with my first shift back on Friday but I feel I need to give it a go. I received a text from my ex to say that his business is being affected by the virus - he mainly works with Argos. This may have an impact on my maintenance payments in the coming months Pen is being amazingly supportive, despite having major financial issues herself. Our relationship is stronger than ever thankfully. It is a horrible time for a lot of people atm x
    One day at a time ....😃

I'm on a fairly high dose of pregabalin. I manage here, SHOUT volunteering, running the forum, 3 kids, Marc etc...

How are you reducing it? Are you cutting down by large amounts? Each time you cut down you are sending your body into withdrawal, so it has to be done REALLY slowly. If you aren't allowing your body to get used to the dose for a while before you change the dose then you are going to struggle....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thanks for your comments ladies. I will give my body chance to adjust. X
    One day at a time ....😃

What dose were you on? What have you changed to?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Don't forget everyone reacts differently to different meds. Just cos others cope well doesn't automatically mean you will be the same. I think you are sensible to allow yourself time before making a decision

I have reduced the afternoon dose from 100mg to 50mg (I went to 75mg first but only for a few days) I know...it was wrong but I am keen to have more energy in the afternoons. I also briefly reduced my morning one from 100 to 75 but have now changed back. Again, I know that I shouldn't do this but I wanted to have more energy. It all stems from worry about Friday. My rational head knows that it is foolish to do these things but I want to make the job work. x (Suzi is going to shout at me!!)
    One day at a time ....😃

If you're not stable, and clearly you're not, how do you think you can cope at work? It's up to you what you do but it sure sounds to me like you're not giving you're self a chance and setting your self up to potentially fail. Maybe postpone your return to work for a while longer?