Page 94 of 150 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

That is good news!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's great news!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Sorry but I have to rant...

What is wrong with the LGBTQ+ community??? It’s pride month and all I’m seeing it people being “offended” over everything! I thought Pride was about togetherness, acceptance and love not bitching and back biting and straight bashing. Apparently I don’t get it cos I’m straight. Yesterday I got caught up in an argument over someone who chose to use the word “queer” to define herself. Apparently that is a hate word and highly offensive. Not sure how that works as a self identifying label but still. L.G.B.T.......Q.

Today I get for pointing out that a person who was outraged by a JK Rowling essay because she was obviously transphobic and lying about gender laws, was actually taking the whole thing out of context and cherry picking the parts which fitted her agenda. I even supplied an article confirming the suggested law changes but no it was still BS and irrelevant.

I agree with equal rights. I agree that hate crimes should be eradicated. I believe we should celebrate our diversity within the human race but apparently the people who have been oppressed think it’s perfectly ok to oppress others. They don’t want equal rights, they want to be on a pedestal looking down at others. I know this is a minority of people but they are doing so much damage. It’s the same with the BLM movement. A black man dies at the hands of a police officer in America and white police officers in the UK are attacked? I don’t see the logic. Police brutally and racial attacks are never ok. George Floyd should never have died. The police officers involved in his death deserve to be punished and I’m sure with the attention this event has been given they will be made an example of. But attacking anyone wearing a police uniform is wrong. The majority of those doing the job are trying to keep us safe and shouldn’t live in fear of attack because of the job they do.

The world is a crazy place right now with everyone turning on each other at a time when we should be uniting in a battle against a virus which has already killed so many. What happened to the “we’re all in it together” slogan? Covid 19 doesn’t give a toss if you’re black, white, straight, gay, rich or poor. It doesn’t give a damn about what you do for a living. It doesn’t discriminate, all humans are a target. We need to learn to work together and stop fight each other. I’m sick of this world we live in.

Sorry some of this was down to me! I posted the essay as actually I agree with a lot of what JK was saying. I hear so often from my girls how many in their year (15 - 16 year olds) think that they are trans. This is cool and I'm all for them being able to talk openly about all of this, but I do worry that there are times where people are so desperate for a label that they head down whatever route - it seems that girls who would previously be labelled "tomboys" are now suggested that they should transition.... The same with some boys who are more effeminate... I totally agree that there is a definite case for those who are trans and I do totally believe in equal rights for everyone.

The world is mad though..

No it was nothing to do with you someone else posted the same thing and went off on a rant about it and then all of she friends jumped onboard. I’m seeing so many posts from people claiming they are poorly treated misunderstood and not treated equally but then they disrespect others. The rioting and violent protesters who are abusing the police, how can they justify their actions? None of it makes any sense. Am I being stupid or something?

No you're not stupid, but just as an aside a ot of the violence and the abuse of the police wasn't done by the actual protestors. They were groups who had joined to cause trouble...

Oh yeah I get that. The minority trouble makers ruining it for everyone else but there actions bring out more A-holes.

In other news my Asda order arrived today. 6 substitutes and they were actually all suitable!!! I’m still in shock lol

Blimey! Well done Asda, I don't think they ever managed that with us..

I used to have delivery from that a year or two ago and had very few issues but since this lockdown it’s been mental.

Oh, we've never had a whole delivery!