Page 91 of 150 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

I have a discount code for Uber eats so thought I’d make use of it. While waiting I hoovered under the bed. No idea how but I noticed the support legs had worked loose and one of them actually fell off. This meant I had to drag the mattress off the bed so I could tighten the screws which I did (see, having Allen keys in your bedside drawer does come in handy) but stupidly slipped while leaning across and managed to break one of the wooden slats. As if that wasn’t bad enough when I checked to see where my delivery was my order had been cancelled by the restaurant. No food and a broken bed at 9.30pm. Grrrr. Fortunately I ordered some replacement slats a week or two ago cos I was going to check them for bowing and replace any that needed it and the one at the end of the bed which I broke when I first built it. Cba to do it tonight so it looks like I have a new job to do tomorrow. Sometimes being single sucks cos lugging mattresses around on my own is a pita. A big strong handsome hunk with rippling muscles to do all the heavy lifting while I sit and watch sounds quite nice right now

Have you eaten?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yeah but I was looking forward to the chicken salad I ordered.

Still wide awake window shopping for guitar stuff and reading up on pentatonic scales. Talia has just gone from snoring to growling and set off to find the source of the noise outside. Sounds a bit like someone trying to put a screw in. Piece of wood with short bursts of an electric drill, just quieter.

Totally random but there have been deer sightings near where I live. It’s not something I’ve ever come across in all the time I’ve lived in this city so it’s kind of exciting. There is a lot of woodland near me but thanks to the city expansion over the years housing estates have split it all up but I may have to go take I walk over to the area they’ve been spotted and see if I’m lucky enough to catch a glimpse of one.

Ooh! Exciting.....dawn is the best time to spot deer, when no one is usually around....very few cars etc., We have Sika deer here....very small and beautiful, about the size of a Labrador fully grown. Good luck.

How are you today love?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Tired.

Can you try to pace today?

Well I’ve fixed the bed. Was only going to be place a few slats but ended up doing the whole of the one side. The replacements a bought are so much better that the original ones I decided to change them all and keep the old ones as emergency spares and getting some more to do the other side. I’m sweating like a pig after hauling that mattress around so time to take a break and my meds. Sleep may well follow.

That sounds incredibly physical! Hope you do pace a bit too.