Page 86 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

It’s already better than it was. Tuesday afternoon/evening I was in agony and couldn’t do anything with it. I’m not an idiot. I’m not lifting or twisting, I’m limiting movement to within painfree limits and being righthanded most stuff is done with my other hand. I just want to get my home back in shape and get my life back.

Oh and I forgot I placed a grocery delivery for today and missed it by 7 mins! I should probably just give up and go back to bed.

You missed them arriving?

I wasn't suggesting you were an idiot, just that sometimes we all dismiss pains etc when we should really get them looked at... Glad it's getting better though.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m sorry for snapping I’m having a really tough day. I did end up going back up to bed and when Talia joined me I really wasn’t in the mood for having her around me. Within a couple of minutes she was resting her head on my arm with me stroking her and we both dozed off. She really is such a sweetie and it’s impossible not to love her. I’m still feeling a bit sorry for myself but my stress levels are reduced. Am so fed up with my life as it is and I don’t mean because of lockdown.

That's OK... Well done for doing the self care thing and going and resting. I bet that doze has helped.

What kind of things do you want to change about your life?

Ha, everything. I want to be able to maintain a clean and tidy home, I want a job I‘d enjoy, I wanna spend quality time with my boys and be a mother to them. I wanna feel good about what I offer this world, I want to feel like I’m making a difference. I want to be able to say all of this without tears in my eyes because I know I’m dreaming.

You don’t have to do it all at once, hunni. You’re working on the boys, so can you try to put that to one side until the decisions been made on legal aid?

As for the others, you have made a difference with the stuff you’re selling for Aspies but perhaps, when lockdown is gone, you could think about expanding that - at markets etc? Or even try selling on eBay now? That could lead to your own small business which you could enjoy too.

They’re not pipe dreams, they’re just not going to happen overnight and pressurising yourself to get it all done or nothing done is not going to get you anywhere.

As for your home, and I’m not sure if it’s remotely doable or whether it would impact legal aid, But have you considered downsizing? I know you want rooms for the boys but, to be perfectly honest, Katie wasn’t much older when she stopped staying overnight at her dad’s, though she still spent days and evenings with him. Maybe the overnight stays could be a dream you let go so that you can achieve another dream of a home you can manage?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You aren't dreaming... There are things there that you do already but you don't realise or accept it. You make a difference to me - I know others who would say the same. You make my life better by being my friend. You offer so much. You are one of the fiercest friends and allies I've ever had. Again, I know it's not just me that feels that way about you.
    Things about the house and your boys will come love.

Elbow is a lot better now. Can actually put pressure on arm now without pain, well a a little bit but nothing to worry about. Time to get back to playing the guitar again.

I popped to the post office this morning to send the order for paracord stuff to Nottingham, put a load of washing on and done the washing up. Playing catch-up after my few days out of action but tomorrow I’m blitzing the bedroom. I can’t remember the last time I sat in the chair up there cos it’s covered in clothes and crap. Got my replacement mattress coming in just over a week. They don’t rush that’s for sure.

Glad your elbows improving
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Glad you have sorted the mattress issue. It's good news about your elbow!