Page 80 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Oh hunni
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I went upstairs with the intention of trying to read my book again but fell asleep instead. Have also looked up some design ideas for a project I wanted to do. My head hurts and I need feeding.

Sorry, just seen you called - will speak to you tomorrow if that's OK?
    Have you eaten?

Yep, fed and watered. I got my electric back on but the workers have been digging the road up all evening, right outside my next door neighbours. Not exactly the best way to end the day. I’m hot stressed and tired.

Did you sleep?

I did eventually around 3am but I slept in too so it’s all good. I thing the stresses of yesterday took its toll, faulty power washer, unexpected visitor, not getting anything constructive done and a result.

Result?

I had so many things planned and they didn’t happen. I’m not exactly a fan of unexpected visits and the whole lockdown/social distancing thing. I was hoping to get some time reading this book I’ve been promising to read for weeks and not done. The house is still a mess, my car is still dirty. I achieved nothing and today I feel...exhausted is the wrong word but I just don’t have the energy to deal with stuff. I don’t want to do anything. I had so many positive things I wanted to do yesterday and it all went tits up and I guess I’m disappointed by that.

Perhaps you need to plan less? You seem to be setting yourself up for a fail when you do that
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula's right, you seem to plan so much - and it's not just "tidy the corner of the kitchen" - it's all or nothing again..