Page 72 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Talia’s weigh in was the highlight of my day. Even though I had seen for myself the changes from day one I certainly didn’t imagine the loss was that drastic and I know that is mostly down to getting her thyroid sorted but it’s great to see it on the scales. I love that little snuggle monster so much and I guess it feels good to know that I’ve done something right by her.

Since then there have been tears this afternoon. Just a little over emotional. Thinking about all sorts of stuff. I need to call the estate agents and try and get this valuation sorted for Legal Aid ASAP. I’m desperate to see my boys again. I know it’s difficult at the moment anyway but I miss them so much it hurts. It’s been 17 months since I spent any meaningful time with them. I know many families are finding it hard being apart due it this virus for the parts couple of months and that is just a taste of what my life has been for so long. There aren’t words to describe how broken I feel. Some people think that because I don’t talk about them much I don’t care but it’s the opposite. I can’t talk about them cos it hurts too much but sometimes I can’t hide away from the reality, distract from the truth and it all comes flooding out and I can’t control it. I can’t breathe, I feel completely drained, can’t do anything but cry and I know I need to be stronger, that I have to bury that pain and fight for my family all over again.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh hunni....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

New mattress has arrived!!! Woohoo. Now what kind of idiot orders a new double mattress during lockdown when they have no one to help carry it up the stairs? Yeah that’s right, this idiot right here. My body is probably going to complain a lot tomorrow (right shoulder and back already a little unhappy) but at least I’ll have a nice comfortable sleep.

Oh no! I hadn't thought of that! Would be interested in your reviews

Well so far it feels a bit weird going back to memory foam and going from a 7in to an 11in I can tell you Talia is unimpressed cos she definitely can’t climb up onto my bed now. I got a couple of memory foam pillows with it which are a lot higher than I’m used to so not sure how that is going to work out long term. Between the extra 4ins and the pillows it’s affected my iPad viewing angle so I need to make a few changes for extra comfort. A couple of ideas running through my head about that. As for general comfort it’s looking good so far. Will let you know in the morning.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (20-05-20)

I love memory foam! Hope you had a comfy night
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well I can tell you that I gave in to Talia’s whimpering this morning and picked her up onto the bed. She immediately made herself comfortable and started snoring lol. I think she approves. My neck and shoulders aren’t great this morning but I kinda expected that after lugging stuff around yesterday. Need to check how many substitutes I end up with on my order today. Dreading opening the email.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You need doggy stairs!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

How was the shopping?

Awww Talia!