Page 69 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Aww Happy birthday Talia!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Felling kinda emotional today. It’s been awesome seeing Talia all excited about her new toys and having fun in the garden but it’s stirred up so many other things too. Like when she did her trot around the house showing of her new stuff, exactly like Max used to do, made me think about how much I still miss that boy. It also made me realise the importance of friendship. After letting Max go I wasn’t gonna have another dog cos it hurt so much that I let him down and even not just thinking about him brings tears to my eyes. When Jaq asked if I would take Talia I was reluctant. Not because I a didn’t want to help, or that I didn’t love that dog, but because I was terrified of letting everyone down. I’d lost all confidence in myself as a dog owner and I didn’t want to screw up a friendship as well as another dogs life. Jaq and her family really do mean a great deal to me. They’ve always been welcoming and supportive of me and I’m so grateful to have them in my life. By putting faith in me and trusting me with their beloved pet they have enriched my life and given me a purpose again. I love that pup so much and she gives me so much more than I could ever give her. She really is so special in so many ways.

As are you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree...

Wow! The birthday girl can’t take the pace. Bit concerned cos she didn’t eat all of her birthday roast chicken dinner however she did have a bit of melon for dessert. Tucked her up in bed about half hour ago and she’s stayed upstairs. Not like her at all. She rarely strays far from my side especially in the evening/night time. Maybe it’s just an age thing that has happened all of a sudden but it’s still worrying when a change in behaviour occurs. I don’t like it.

Oh love, sounds like she might be overwhelmed! See how she is tomorrow? She's been really spoilt....

She’s such a sweetheart. Hard not to love this beautiful baby

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    She often did take herself up to bed. It was funny when she would sit by the door waiting for me and if I didn't move fast enough she would huff and go on her own
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (18-05-20)

Crash does the same when he thinks I'm meant to be going to bed lol... He sleeps at the top of the landing (normally with his head on the stair below or on Moiya)

Gardener is coming around lunchtime today and gonna get through a few more paracord sets I’ve been asked for. Might even have a go on the guitar again. I can’t be crap for ever surely lol.