Page 62 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

3pm. It’s gonna be strange cos it’s kind of a remote appointment. I drop her off at the back door, a nurse picks her up and the rest goes ahead via telephone if any questions are needed to be answered etc. Really anxious.

That’s the sort of system my vets are using. Whatever it is, hunni, you’re getting on top of it straight off. She’ll be ok
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

She couldn't have eaten anything she shouldn't could she?
    Vets sound like a good call...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Typically about an hour before the appointment she livened up again. She definitely isn’t right but I’m telling the vet she’s lethargic and then she almost pulls my arm off to get to the nurse who collected her. She’s having her bloods taken as they are overdue anyway for her thyroid and they are giving her doggy ibuprofen and hopefully that will help if she’s a bit stiff and sore. Bloods are back tomorrow so hopefully no surprises and just rest up for a bit. I hope this isn’t an experience cry for attention. It gives me peace of mind at least. If only KFC were open, I quite fancy some chicken about now.

Glad she's livened up a bit!

I didn’t know what to do. She livened up last night and then lapsed again this morning. If I cancelled I might not have got another appointment if needed so decided to go ahead with it.

You did the right thing - as you say, she needed the bloods anyway so that’s a job off the list, if nothing else
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Ugh, just had to switch off BoJo cos his clear as mud statements are seriously getting on my nerves. Just shut up you flaming idiot. “....will be back no later that...providing it is safe to do so”. How can those two comments be in the some sentence? So that’s a definite maybe then with a rigidly flexible date. Moron.

Sorry I missed your call, was dealing with a crisis of how to get 50 pages of work to a teacher with someone with Aspies, dyslexia and a definite case of "I know best"..... Turns out she didn't and I was right.... lol

And currently talking through criminal law.......

My mates lad managed to accidentally delete all his work from the laptop lol. I can laugh cos it’s not my kid.