Page 58 of 150 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

I’m concerned about me too. I can’t even fully explain how I’m feeling cos I’m all over the place. This morning for example I was doing ok, and then I checked my emails and of the 26 items I’d ordered from Asda 5 had been substituted, and that was enough to send me spiralling. Something as simple as a delivery of groceries. And then when the order arrived there were no bags and I had to sort that out (priority self isolation customers should have the goods bagged and left on the doorstep). That was just another thing to make me feel bad. It’s all the little things that are going wrong and I can’t handle it. I’m trying, I really am but it’s not getting me very far.

Is it all the little things going wrong or is it a bigger thing that you don’t want to deal with right now itms?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I don’t actually know.

I get the frustration with ASDA, that's why we stopped using them - every few years I give them another go and it's still the same so I don't bother with them anymore...
    I'm worried that you aren't dealing with each "little" thing at all which is just building and building which is making each next thing seem like a bigger thing itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Maybe. Who knows.

What things can you do to help you work through some of those things?

EJ
    I think that the shopping ‘thing’ with lots of substitutions is not just happening to you. It is happening to everyone at the moment. I have experience of this too. I prefer my shopping deliveries early on the morning so I can deal with the fallout. I take it personally too which it is not. I don’t have experience of the shopping coming without bags as mine is always bagged. Maybe you could take it up with them if you have the strength to ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EJ For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-05-20)

I thought I’d take the god out for a quick trip around the block this morning but she had other ideas. As soon as we got near the access to the woods she was crossing the road and dragging me with her lol. I wasn’t really up for it cos my back isn’t great today but I managed a mile circuit without being completely crippled so that’s something. It’s bloody warm out there already. Today I won’t be far away from the fan.

Is she really strong?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Lol! That sounds fun!