Page 51 of 150 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Well it seems I maybe jumped the gun a bit. I got an apology earlier. Seems we are both in a sensitive state at the moment. Still kinda angry about him getting a hard time for something he hasn’t even done. As s you know I’m incredibly protective over the people I care about but as much as I wanna step in and put the record straight that’s probably not a wise idea. Once bitten twice shy and all that. I hate injustice.

See? Told you things would be different when the dust settled.... Maybe this one isn't your fight though... Sometimes being a good friend means supporting and not fighting for them itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I know but it’s instinctive. I’ve always been the same. Folk can say and do anything to me but pick on my friends and family and my inner Hulk comes out to play.

I bought myself some mini chicken roasts for dinner and chocolate cake for after. I’ve got plenty of beer left over from last night cos I wasn’t exactly in the mood after what happened. It’ll probably stop there for a while too.

Oh I know all about that protective mumma bear..... it’s really tough biting that lip and I can’t say I always succeed. But you’re doing the right thing
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You are doing the right thing...

I think maybe I over reacted. I received an apology earlier and while I was cooking dinner there was a knock at the door. I find a 4 pack of beer and a card from my friend. Turns out the person giving him grief is the same person I thought it was and now I’m sitting on my hands so I don’t do anything HE will regret.

Talia’s diet has gone out the window today. I fed her earlier and chucked a bit of cheese in for her as a treat. Tonight she is sharing my birthday dinner with me and has just wolfed down a bowl of chicken bacon and sausage, sodas veg and even a couple of small Yorkshire puds. She’s finished hers and I’ve just sat down to mine lol.

I’m glad he friendship is ok
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh and for the record, with the delivery of the 4 pack I now have more beer in the house than I started with last night.

I'm glad things have worked out well lovely. Oh and it's great that you can see that you may have not seen things as clearly as "an argument" rather than anything more....

I started to write a really long post about my struggles with friendships and my perception of that but deleted it cos is was just a load of self pitying drivel. I am lucky to have people in my live who aren’t as easily offended by me just being be and I should be grateful to have met such amazing and patient people.