Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

It's not screwed up love, it's a disagreement.... Wait for the dust to settle and it'll all sort itself out.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ok, this is not something I’m proud of but I’m going to tell you anyway. About 20 years ago, I went with my oldest friend to Ibiza. One night, we went to one of the famous clubs and got absolutely wrecked. Now, remember, I wasn’t some silly 18 yo, I had a 2 year old baby. We got into a huge, drunken fight back at the apartment, I slapped her hard and she bit me on the shin(I still have the scar). It could have ruined our holiday and screwed up our 16 year friendship but what actually happened was we slept, sobered up and talked it out the next morning. We’re still great friends even now, she’s godmother to both my kids and I’m godmother to both hers. I’d trust her with my kids’ lives.

As I said, it’s not an episode I’m proud of except that it’s proof that a disagreement doesn’t have to spell the end to a friendship.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-05-20)

The thought of you getting in a bitch fight is kinda funny. Oh and for the record, not drunk. He’s deleted the FD post I replied to where he made it perfectly clear everything is all my fault. I give up. Every time I get close to people I mess it up. I’m better of just keeping my distance from everyone cos I only end up hurting the ones I care about.

Maybe he deleted the post because he’s ashamed of what he said. Maybe he’s concerned he’s hurt you. Please don’t assume that he thinks you screwed it up .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well I ended up crying myself to sleep last night. I feel awful that he’s getting crap over my actions and it’s probably because the people doing it see him as an easy target are don’t have the guts to say anything to me.

On a positive note, I did get lots and lots of puppy cuddles over night. She’s still snoring and I’m still snuggled up with her. I love this mutt so much. She is amazing.

. Talk to him, apologise and explain you didn’t want to upset him. Sometimes it’s not important who’s right or wrong, just that it gets fixed.....
    Last edited by Paula; 03-05-20 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added comments

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (03-05-20)

Happy birthday!!!
    I completely agree with Paula....

He made it perfectly clear last night that he didn’t wanna hear from me. Maybe leave it a few days and see what happens.

Yup, leave it and wait for the dust to settle...

Sounds like a good idea