Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

I actually looked back at the posts on that day and I actually used The word “meltdown”. I guess I can see that is exactly what it was. I freaked out cos I couldn’t access the forum and when it did come back everything had changed and I couldn’t understand how nobody else could see it or why I reacted as I did. I still believe it justified but now I get it that you guys just aren’t as blessed as I am when it comes to attention to detail

I think that’s the first time I’ve heard you talk about that time in such a positive way
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I look back now and see it as the beginning of me gaining my diagnosis. That incident pretty much screamed Aspie I just didn’t know then what I know now. Attention to detail + unexpected change + disrupted routine = major meltdown. Nothing felt right from that day on and I went from one disaster to another cos nothing felt right. I was never gonna come back and believed that those bridges were burned to ash but here I am. I have a lot of making up to do. Yes I’m sure there with be times when I stress out and hit the self destruct button over the “little things” and I apologise in advance. Believe me nobody feels worse than I do when I finally get my head back on straight. I promise to try my hardest not to make you regret inviting me back.

Speaking for myself, I’ll never regret you coming back
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I don't regret asking you to come back. I also don't think you have any making up to do either!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yeah well I feel like I have plenty to make amends for.

But, just for the record - that's your perception of it. I don't think you have anything to make amends for. As far as I'm concerned it's all over and done with.... Draw a line and move on itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That’s not an easy thing to do for me. I’m determined to earn make the trust of each and everyone of you.

It has been decided! Tonight I am having a Birthday party. I have beer, and chocolate and crisps and thing there is a slab of Genoa cake in the cupboard. If anybody would like to join the party let my know. I’m starting a messenger group and there was be giggles on there and a video chat If anyone wants to get involved with that as there may will be music too and I intend to make the most of it. So who is gonna pop in and help me celebrate officially entering middle age? It’s a bloody miracle I got this far. Lol

Oh and the bad news is you have to supply your own food and drink cos you know, lockdown and all that. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    That’s not an easy thing to do for me. I’m determined to earn make the trust of each and everyone of you.
    I know it’s not easy for you but it’s the only way you’re going to be at peace with yourself