Page 41 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

It’s more than I’ve done today - you never give yourself credit, lovely ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Sounds productive.... I've done little to nothing. Maybe I should go clean
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I’ve been pretty lazy today. There is so much stuff that needs to be done I should be making more of an effort to get in front of it all. I need help to organise things cos I’m not good at it. I like to keep everything close at hand so my house gets soo cluttered it’s unreal. I have too much stuff but I don’t like letting it go either.

You haven’t been lazy. Pacing is not being lazy
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh yes, I have been lazy. Tons of stuff I couldn’t done but I just looked at it and said “nah”.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well you inspired me to go clean the upstairs loo and wash basin...... I even gave the window a rub.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Would you say that I'd been lazy if I'd done what you've done today?

Or what if I told you I've helped load the dishwasher, done some crochet, played the piano and sat outside trying to help Marc by "positively encouraging" him...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’d say there is a huge difference between you being a mum and wife with physical pain and me as an able bodied single woman with no dependents. Plus it’s not a competition. I know I was capably of doing more today but I actively chose not too. I’m not being hard on myself I’m just being honest.

You always hold yourself to a far higher standard than you do the rest of us. I don’t understand why but I do know you’re wrong in that. You’re not lazy, I’ve never known you to be lazy. But I do wonder if it’s more that you can stave off the dark thoughts if you’re constantly doing things?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-04-20)

I completely agree with Paula. I do worry why you think you have to be doing more, or that nothing you ever do is good enough.... You ARE more than good enough...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!