Page 30 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Went with chicken Kiev, followed by lemon tart. Lots of yumminess. Oh and I actually got around to doing the roast dinner last night. First time I’m ever seen Talia’s bowl so clean.

Despite the novelty of a full fridge, I’m still feeling a bit sorry for myself so headed up to bed early with the gorgeous little snuggle pup who I caught posing earlier and had to take a pic. She is such a pretty little lady.

Hope tomorrow is brighter...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ve just done something I may regret later. I have received some money from my brothers estate and to be honest I never really expected anything seeing as me weren’t on speaking terms for the past few years. Anyway I’ve just ordered a new iPhone, the first brand new phone I’ve bought in a long time and a pretty big purchase. Dunno what possessed me and already starting to feel guilty cos I don’t really deserve the money and spending it feels wrong especially on something as stupid as a mobile phone.

It’s not stupid, it keeps you connected - especially important right now. And as for not deserving it? That’s crap - he gave you that money for a reason, and shows he still loved you despite everything that’s happened. As for not deserving it, nobody deserves any inheritance. It’s not about deserving, it’s about that person showing they that you were important to them and I hope that, every time you use it, you can remember the brother who loved you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (19-04-20)

I couldn't have said it any better than Paula..... Use it, remember the good times and keep connected with those you love... Seems like a very worth while purchase to me..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (19-04-20)

But I already have a phone that works fine. I’m perfectly able to use that to stay in touch. I didn’t need to blow a ton of money on a new one. So many other practical uses for the money rather than indulging in expensive tech. I guess it’s something else to hate myself for.

This week I have been irritated by practically everything. I’ve tried to pull the positives from stuff but it doesn’t feel right, like I’m just trying to force feed myself BS. I don’t want to play online games with people, I don’t want to video chat or talk to anyone. There’s nothing on tv I wanna watch, can’t be bothered with the craft stuff, I’m just fed up with everything and everyone. I feel the frustration building up so I walk away from whatever it is to try and cool down but I’m running out of things to do other then stay in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    But I already have a phone that works fine. I’m perfectly able to use that to stay in touch. I didn’t need to blow a ton of money on a new one. So many other practical uses for the money rather than indulging in expensive tech. I guess it’s something else to hate myself for.
    Well don’t. You’ve treated yourself for what is the first time in a very long time, perhaps years. That is never something to hate yourself for.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with Paula.
    You have to find a way to be kind to yourself - you are grieving, poorly and struggling with lack of contact and continuity which are all massive triggers to a melt down.... You've ordered a phone. That's a good thing. When was the last time you spent money on you without it being a necessity? Better than spending it on general shopping or take aways or beer.....

Oooh beer! Think I might have a couple tonight.