Page 28 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Sweetheart no one knows what's going on for him - you certainly aren't being given the opportunity to find out.... Give him time.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sweetheart no one knows what's going on for him - you certainly aren't being given the opportunity to find out.... Give him time.
    This and ........ he’s at that age. Hormones do weird things
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Somebody call DynoRod, I've just had a shower!!! My personal care seems to have gone out of the window of late as well as my surrounding being in a bit of a state. I'm at the point where it's all going too far and I'm struggling to get on top of it. I have a feeling of dread come over me at the thought of putting the laundry away, or sweeping the floors or tidying my bedroom. I know I will feel better once it's done but trying to push myself past this invisible barrier to get it done it is so tough. Just taking a shower and I feel wiped out. I have my list of things to do but it's prioritising the jobs I'm finding hard and that little voice in my head saying "must do better, you're a failure". I'm no quitter and I will get there cos I have to but I feel dead on my feet.

Then I hope you’re resting before you think about the next job! Well done for that bit of self care
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Your little voice in your head is wrong. You don't quit and you are stronger than you'll ever give yourself credit for being.... You can do this.

I got as far as doing some lunch (which involved swearing and tears), washing up (even more swearing), ing everyone off (cos heaven forbid I should speak out when my feeling are getting trodden all over), and vegging out on the sofa with the snuggle pup. Maybe I’ve got myself all worked up over nothing but it doesn’t feel like nothing to me. Avoiding social interaction for the rest of the day so as not to cause more upset to myself or others.

Hold on.... Who has trodden over your feelings? What has happened?

I changed the photo and name of a chap group I started months ago for the Aspie lot, much to the dismay of someone who only joined the group a couple of days ago. Someone else is adding anyone he likes because stupidly I turned off the approval needed function and I just feel like it’s all got out of control and I snapped. I’m just having a bad day and everything I tough turns to so I don’t even know why I bother trying.

Right, stop and breathe. You and I both know how upset someone can get even with what seems like the most minor of changes when ASD is in the mix... So remember that to you it might have been a small change, but to them it could make such a huge difference that it sends them into a full meltdown....
    WRT the one adding people, ask them to stop and kick people you don't think should be there - it's your group, so take back the control....

Change? It was a change 3 days ago to be included. She didn’t even know the original group name but had noticed a message to say I had changed it. I don’t care any more. Have left the group so they can do whatever they want with it.