Page 27 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Going to the boys seems like a good thing to do. Still being positive about achieving something today is also brilliant.... If you wanted to say what the things were that you were struggling to break down, maybe writing them here and seeing if we can help at all might be a plan?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guess who is only just back from seeing the boys? Spent ages chatting with their grandma and the boys came down for a short while. The little man didn't stick around for long, he wanted to get back to playing a game on the xbox with his friends but my eldest sat on the stairs by the front door and we had a nice chat about rubgy tickets, and school stuff and what he's going to do after and it was great. If only we could have these kinda conversations more often. I feel on top of the world right now and cos it's taken me 3 hrs to deliver a couple of eggs the chores have gone out of the window. My roast dinner has been replaced by a chicken and stuffing sandwich and a bag of crisps from the shop on the way home. It can all wait until tomorrow.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I think that's far more important than chores!!!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (12-04-20)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I'm with Jaq x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (12-04-20)

OMG That's amazing!!!! I'm SOOOOO pleased for you!! YAY!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (12-04-20)

I'm chuffed to bits about having a conversation with my lad. Apparently his projected grades are pretty good but he doesn't wanna go to sixth form and is interested in an electronic engineering apprenticeship. I'd be happier if he went back to school but it's ultimately his choice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (12-04-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    What a great way for today to turn out.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (13-04-20)

That’s awesome! I’m sooooo chuffed!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That apprenticeship sounds fab! Electronic engineering has great prospects! If he's found something he loves then I hope he grabs it in both hands and goes for it!

He’s been doing really well in science, especially chemistry and finds the subject easy so I was kinda surprised he didn’t wanna go further along that path. His dad did electronic engineering so he’s kinda following in his footsteps. So long as that’s the only thing he follows his dad for. I am a bit worried about the youngest. He didn’t really seem all that interested and considering how he was always begging to come home with me the 16 months has clearly impacted on him. All I can do is keep showing up on special occasions so he knows I’ll always be there for him in any way I can but I get a feeling that the damage done can’t be reversed and I’ll never have him back the way he once was.