Page 22 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

That even when you’re struggling, you’re doing this
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I think it is too. You're doing this, putting her needs first and really working past how you might be feeling...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m not just doing it for her but for her real family. In my head she’ll never be mine. I’m just the caretaker, helping out some good friends and as a reward I get her company. I look forward to this lockdown to be lifted so I can take her back home for a visit. Don’t get me wrong, I love this dumb mutt with all my heart. She is so sweet and loving and I couldn’t ask for a better house mate. There are no words to describe how I feel about being trusted to take care of such a precious pup and faith put in me. I was terrified about taking her on cos I genuine don’t believe that I am worthy and I’m terrified of letting everyone down. I’ve barely had her 2 months and still scared that I won’t live up the expectation. I don’t exactly have the best track record when it comes to looking after other living being, human or animal and I can’t even look after myself properly. I think it’s time I went to bed.

How are you doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Right missus, and don't argue either.

You did what was best for Max, you put his needs first despite how painful it was for you, so I knew you would always put Talia's needs first.

She loves you, and you love her. I've seen that everytime you visited. So has my mum. I was avoiding sorting something out for Talia out of guilt, it was my mum who asked me to ask you and she's generally a good judge of character, so there!

Since Talia has been with you she's thriving. She's getting regular walks, lots of love and attention and she's happy and thriving. My area sent my anxiety sky-rocketing so I avoided it. With you she's going out everyday, losing weight and looking in brilliant condition. You've got her thyroid sorted, I didn't even think about another cause for her weight as the vet never even suggested another possible cause. You're doing a brilliant job with her, as I knew you would, and I think she's benefitting you too. Have I mentioned she's thriving?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (09-04-20),Suzi (09-04-20)

Well said Jaq! She's obviously happy and loving you an loving living with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    How are you doing?
    Fed watered and medicated. Feeling completely exhausted. No energy for anything and just wanna sleep.

So what are you doing this afternoon?

Sleeping

Is that because you didn't sleep last night?