Page 15 of 150 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Hope you’re sleeping, see you tomorrow
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hmmmm, no still awake. Thinking about tomorrow and if something I do will get the response I hope for. I’m probably going to be disappointed.

Why automatically think in the negative?

Is this about your FB post?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yeah. I know the people who are gonna be fine with it, it’s more the people I want to see and take notice. Family mostly. I’ve tried to give them a lightbulb moment by pointing out the glaringly obvious and the connection to my diagnosis. I didn’t seek the Dx as another excuse not to work, or the cover bad behaviour, I don’t want special treatment I just want to be understood. I’m appealing to the people who I really shouldn’t have to explain myself to yet in my world that’s exactly what I have to do. It’ll probably go in one ear and out the other and be a total waste of time and effort but at least I’ve tried.

I think you've done well tbh....

Thanks Suzi, fingers crossed eh.

I’ve only gone and done it again! Put a microwave curry in around 12 o’clock and forgot about it. Got carried away making paracord bracelets and keyrings for people at Aspie and forgot about lunch. Reheated it a second time and sitting down to eat it now. I really can be useless. Doh!

Had a nice surprise this morning what I received a call from my “adopted” mother. Me thinks someone’s been telling tales Jaq lol. She’s armed with the tv remote so all is good. Was nice to hear the voice of another human being even if they do talk funny up that end of the world.

That's great that you're keeping busy and that you're having contact with others..

Well only one family member has acknowledged my FB post, a cousin way up north and she has a son on the spectrum. Oh well, I tried. At least those in the know appreciated it. I’ll just continue to be invisible to everyone else. Why the hell should I care what they think anyway?

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post

Had a nice surprise this morning what I received a call from my “adopted” mother. Me thinks someone’s been telling tales Jaq lol. She’s armed with the tv remote so all is good. Was nice to hear the voice of another human being even if they do talk funny up that end of the world.

She's always armed with the tv remote! Everytime my dad gets it he asks her to teach him how to use it!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (02-04-20)

Your mum is ace. Nutty as a fruit cake but still ace. Lovely lady.