Page 14 of 150 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Are you going to allow yourself to sleep today without feeling guilty?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I will if I need too. Talia’s having a mad half hour cos I dared to leave the house before she woke up and I think she’s glad to see me. I’ve been to get the heavy stuff from Tesco that I couldn’t carry last night and called out a rude staff member that when an elderly gentleman was confused by the slalom queueing system (where there was no one queue) instead of letting him in made him walk around and some cheeky buggers without trolleys ducked under the tape to get in first, not only that but rudely said “we can’t make it any more obvious!” We’ll that got my back up so when I got to the door I had a word with her and told her actually Yes, they could make it more obvious and explained how. She started making excuses and arguing with me and I just stopped her and said “I’m not arguing with you, I’m telling you that the system is flawed and humiliating vulnerable customers is not on” I understand the staff are under a lot of pressure right now but that’s no excuse to be as rude as she was.

It's good of you to stick up for someone who may not have been able to do it themselves...
    Did you get what you wanted to?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yep, it was mainly drinks and canned stuff. I’ve got enough to feed myself for the next week or so.

Good!

Bath time with waterproof speaker and lots of Pink and Linking Park! I was a little envious of Jaq posting about her bubble bath so a thought I’d copy her. It’s been a couple of months since I last had a nice long soak. Don’t worry I have showered since then lol. It probably sounds daft but even though I prefer a bath to a shower it somehow feels like too much effort when I’m not feeling great. Yes, putting the plug in and turning two taps is considered hard work. I wonder why? I shouldn’t really ask that question cos trying to find logic in an illogical mind altering illness is a pointless exercise.

I think it comes down to it being a treat, rather than a quick shower itms?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (01-04-20)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I get it. Up until Monday night, it's been J who has run me a bath as I just couldn't be bothered. He's on nights though so had to do it myself this week!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I’ve not done a lot today but no napping despite my lack of sleep. Don’t even feel tired. I’m sure it’ll catch up with me eventually. Had some giggles with an elderly friend in the states about coronavirus. She’s isolated on 2.5 acres in the Southern California desert with her dogs. Hard life eh? Wondering if I should cook or get takeaway? Not really that hungry as I had a late lunch cos I stuck a ready meal in the microwave to cook and then forgot about it for a couple of hours. Doh! I suppose I can afford to skip a meal without wasting away. I feel like all I’ve done since this lockdown is eat. Maybe I should just take my meds early and go lay on the bed and read. That usually sends me to sleep sooner rather than later.

Hope you get some sleep lovely xx