Page 13 of 150 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Hope that your Tuesday is going well.... Did you manage to get a click and collect?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Nothing available between now and April 20th for delivery or collection. Have tried Tesco and ASDA so far. Sainsbury’s is next on my list. It is ridiculous that something we all do every week/month has suddenly become so difficult.

I give up!!! Didn’t wanna eat for the next month anyway.

Have you called any of them to tell them you have health issues? It takes time to get through but it was worth it for me - I get available times opened up once a week
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Call them lovely and tell them that you need their help.

I went to Tesco to grab a couple of things to keep me going for a few days. In the past supermarkets weren’t my favourite places but EVERYTHING was different! Even trolley parking bays had moved and because I was stressed enough as it was I didn’t wanna go searching for a trolley so grabbed a basket from the hand washing gestapo at the door. This was after negotiating the miles of tape to contain the queues. It was actually really quiet in there but even so the system was flawed. I specifically took my sunflower lanyard with me so staff were aware I have hidden disabilities and maybe realise that meant that I am especially vulnerable it this time or potentially in their eyes. Well that was a waste of time. When at the till and waiting to be served the woman behind started loading her stuff onto the conveyor belt and encroaching MY space, so I move forward slightly ensuring side distance was between us all.... and got told of for stepping over the line!!!! Clearly the 12 yr old on the till didn’t understand that 2m apart doesn’t mean one standing at 1.80m and another at 2.20m is still only 40cm even if the 2m line is between them!!! I was too stressed to argue and just wanted to get out of there. While going around I was thinking about there restrictions about the items you can buy and realised that that system doesn’t work either when good people are going shopping for vulnerable neighbours and despite shopping for 2 households are still restricted to the limits of one. And what about the larger families? Those who normally buy monthly? This means more trips to the shops and added exposure. The world has officially gone mad.

Sorry you struggled with it today. What about going in the special opening times for vulnerable and elderly?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (31-03-20)

I couldn’t get all I wanted as I couldn’t carry it all in a basket so have to go back at some point. I might go take a look in the morning but if there’s a queue I ain’t gonna be sticking around.

Been awake since 4.30am, I was convinced I heard Talia trotting around downstairs so got up to let her out. However if I bothered to turn the light on I’d have seen she was tucked up in her bed. Being the evil witch I am I made her go out anyway to make it worth my while and now I can’t get back to sleep. Probably doze off 5mins before the alarm goes off.

Oh no! Did you get back to sleep?