Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Glad you've had that through. Every positive huh?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Got a call from the vet at lunchtime. Talia’s test results confirm an under active thyroid so been to pick up her first month’s worth of medication. Gotta go back in 3 weeks for bloods again. I’m just glad we found the problem and can treat it. I’ve already fallen in love with that crazy mutt so it’s gonna be good to see the improvements as time goes on.

Really good news! It’s treatable. (And she joins an exclusive ish club )
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

YAY! That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Really good news! It’s treatable. (And she joins an exclusive ish club )
    Dunno about exclusive but someone else I know who has the condition is pretty special to me too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (21-03-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    YAY! That's awesome!
    Not sure I’d go with awesome but I now have a pill popping buddy.

It is awesome. It's treatable and nothing sinister...

How are you today?

Talia woke me up this morning. I got up went to the toilet came back to the bedroom to get dressed and by that time she was back to her sleep beautiful impersonation. Starting to worry about everything being closed today. Living on my own with virtually no human contact is one thing when you choose to live that was but even I need to get out of the house for my sanity to go get something to eat or see if the local shop has anything interesting in. Now these small freedoms have been taken away and it sucks. All the times I’ve been told to get out of the house and do stuff for my own well-being and the aid with my mental health and now I’m being forced to do the opposite. It’s one thing being locked up with your family for company and society in general I think needs this, not just cos of the virus but for family bonding, but for those of us who have no one it’s harder than you could imagine.

I know it's tough, but you still can do things like take Talia for a walk, you have your garden - I know it's not the same, but right now it's going to take everyone to be ultra careful to stop this thing...
    You can still have some contact with people, just not in a pub, club, sporting or leisure setting. You can still talk to people online/skype/whatsapp/facetime etc I know it's going to be really hard, especially as you've just discovered social events that you enjoy and love like Aspies, but you will get through this....

Have you thought about using Zoom to keep up with the other aspies?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.