Page 81 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

A lot of my list for yesterday was recreational and didn’t even manage that and I know why, it was the unexpected visit. Although I’m glad he chose to come to one of the two people he can trust (I was nearest at that moment in time) and I would always be there for a friend in need, it totally through me off and was emotionally draining. I guess I need time to get back on track. A day of food drink and crappy TV is all I have planned for today. It’s about all I feel good for.

Most of your posts recently seem really negative towards yourself...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I didn’t think so. I’m I missing something?

You just seem so hard on yourself, making comments such as "all I'm good for" etc....

Some days that’s the way I feel. It’s just an in the moment thing. If I am going to be a better person and feel better about myself I have to push to achieve what that means to me.

You’ve done CBT, right? It seems to me that you’re forgetting to change your behaviour to impact on your thoughts and emotions itms?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You forget that CBT didn’t wort for me and since my diagnosis late last year why CBT didn’t work for me.

Look back through your posts here and apart from being pleased about the amount of money you've raised for Aspies, I don't think you've been kind to you at all... The way you talk about you is really negative...

I don’t know. I feel like I’ve been honest. I’m struggling but trying to do positive things. I may not have achieved what I set out to do but I keep trying.

That's not what I mean. What I mean is that you are being negative about YOU...