Page 17 of 150 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Just took Talia around the block off the lead for the first time ever. Apart from an incident with a fox she was a very good girl. Still wouldn’t trust her when more people are around but it was still a positive first attempt. She’s earned herself extra cuddles for sure.

Glad you've got the Sainsbury's email, I had one too.
    So glad you heard from your friend, but I'm intrigued as to what happened with the fox....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Simple enough, she saw a fox and gave chase down someone’s driveway. Other than that she was very good but wouldn’t trust her normally off the lead. It was only cos it was late at night I risked it.

Did you get any sleep?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Not really. Was up all night. I’m absolutely shattered.

Do you know why aren't sleeping?

I got a few hours in this afternoon. Dunno why I’m having a few dodgy nights but it happens every now and again. I’ve managed to get a grocery order online from ASDA but no delivery til a week on Thursday. Just have to get the basics from CoOp in the meantime.

That sounds like a sensible move with the shopping love. Hope tonight is a bit better re sleeping...

Received news last night that my cousin in London who contracted Covid 19 has passed away. A friend is really struggling mentally, another friend has called me 3 times already today the dog has drooled all over the sofa, the house is a tip, and I am digging deep to stay sane.

Oh love, I’m so sorry

One thing at a time - the house can wait, but you need to prioritise yourself so can’t be having several people lean on you. I know it sounds harsh but you’re dealing with shock and grief, take care of yourself and everyone else will have to either rely on themselves for a while or turn to someone else
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.