Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1500

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

This is going to sound like a really simple thing but this evening I cooked myself spaghetti bolognese, something I love and hardly a culinary challenge but it’s the first time in I don’t know how long that I have prepped and cooked a meal for myself. I’ve been living off ready meals and takeaways for so long I forgot what real food tasted like. Really proud of myself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-12-20),Suzi (06-12-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    This is going to sound like a really simple thing but this evening I cooked myself spaghetti bolognese, something I love and hardly a culinary challenge but it’s the first time in I don’t know how long that I have prepped and cooked a meal for myself. I’ve been living off ready meals and takeaways for so long I forgot what real food tasted like. Really proud of myself.
    Well done and good for you for making yourself something that you really love. A good meal is one of life's most simple but best pleasures.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Sounds lovely. Well done you.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Mira
    I agree. We should not take these things for granted. I know from experience that when you live by yourself its already a bit harder to prepare a meal. Since its just me. And then to add how we all feel. That makes it even harder. So I agree, good job and I hope you enjoyed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-12-20)

Well done, love
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I agree. We should not take these things for granted. I know from experience that when you live by yourself its already a bit harder to prepare a meal. Since its just me. And then to add how we all feel. That makes it even harder. So I agree, good job and I hope you enjoyed.
    You are absolutely stop on. When it’s only you it hardly feels worth the effort and when you feel low that effort could be put to use elsewhere cos there is always a shortfall in other areas of your life. I really enjoyed it. One of my favourite meals but I’ve not had it for months. Felt like a real treat.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-12-20),Suzi (06-12-20)

I'm proud of you!

Hey, this thread is 150 pages long! Overdue for a new one I think!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How the heck did that happen? Be good to end it on a positive note.

Yummmm...spag. bol is my favourite! It's got a rich deep flavour and is my idea of comfort food...in fact you've given me an idea, I'll put mince on the shopping list, make a lot of the sauce and freeze some of it! Thanks for that.

Thanks for your new thread. I'll close this one now.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!