Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

I read an article this week about how the head of the now defunct BDO (British Darts Organisation) drove 9 hours to collect the World championship trophy, which was seized from the winner of the last championship in 2020. Essential travel? No, because there is no more need for a trophy for a tournament that no longer exists. Their are other reasons that story annoys the hell out of me too but that’s a different topic.

I think collecting a trophy is very different from potentially losing a parent...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The best part of it Suzi is the trophy was collected from South Wales Police!!! Just seen the Sun has picked up the story.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14113...-world-trophy/

He should have been fined and arrested there and then.

Take it up with Pontipridd police. Complaints have been made by several darts fans and players so I hope they are upheld. There is also a go fund me page set up to raise funds to buy a replica trophy for Wayne Warren. Back in 2020, players also set up funding to try and make the prize pot more worthwhile for the winners after being shafted by Des Jacklin.

We have a family of travellers/gypsies living in the house across from us. I know for a fact that they've had at least 3 party's since the beginning of January. They've also been to every traveller funeral in Tuam since Covid started. (We have a limit of 10 family members only). It really sickens me that we are doing our best to limit our contacts, G does the shopping on his own, A is missing her friends and school, and I am beginning to lose my mind again. And there was 356 cases in the traveller community in Galway in the last 4 weeks. It's not fair.

It's not fair and it's not right. I don't know what can be done to fix it though?

Any thoughts on Boris’ 4 step plan? If only he had been a bit more sensible and organised this time last year me might be it a better place now. I don’t understand why a pub can serve in a beer garden but not inside for another 5 weeks, that seems a bit weird and unfair on businesses that don’t have outdoor spaces. The same for cafe owners. I know of someone who lost their cafe business during lockdown last year. They invested everything into their family run business and watched it all go to the wall through no fault of their own. He is a trained chef who has never done anything else so finding new work has been virtually impossible thus far. The impact of covid is going to last long after the country is opened back up again, for many years, maybe even decades. Life as we know it will never be the same again. I’m already aware that some companies are already talking of not renewing their office leases when they expire and having staff work remotely on a permanent basis which could potentially lead to more issues in the home. Any one expecting normality after the pandemic is under control should think again. This is just the start of a whole new way of life.

I think it's because the virus spreads much less when people are outside....
    I'm not convinced that Fern is going to cope with the testing.... Ben too. Both have serious issues with gag reflexes etc...

Chances of infection are far higher inside where the virus can linger much longer where as outside the virus is diluted much quicker.

I can see one of the problems with testing as having a swab stuck to to back of your throat and right up your nose ain't good at all.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"