Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Ian was phoned yesterday by the support group he volunteers for. They'll be vaccinating him shortly. He ferries patients around Somerset and Devon for hospital and surgery appointments. I don't know if my son or daughter-in-law have been jabbed yet...I'll message them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Paula (09-01-21)

That's great that he's going to get vaccinated soon. With the role that he does that must be a really big weight off your mind...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Call me thick but I've got to ask this question...they're still talking about the elderly in care homes dying of covid. Bearing in mind that they haven't seen relatives for months, they don't go anywhere, they have care staff wearing PPE..etc..etc.. where in God's name are they getting Covid from? Also..the government need to stop all travel full stop! There's planes still going in and out of Britain everyday! They fined those two women in where was it..Cheshire? for going 5 miles outside their town although they're letting people travel abroad!!.Grrrrr...rant over! Phew!

Lots of care home are taking covid + patients from hospitals just to clear beds for those who need ventilators etc....
    We're close to Heathrow, I can't tell you how much we've all been saying that about travel..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (15-01-21)

That explains it! Thanks suzi. Was watching the news..looks like they're going to all but stop air travel....about bloody time!

12 months too late

Just found out that a friend of mine who has cancer was taken into hospital last night and is on a ventilator. I'm really worried...

Walker extraordinaire!
    Really sorry to hear that Suzi.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Thank you lovely. I've known her husband since I was pregnant with Ben as we worked together in the same school. I got to know Dina through him and we sang together. I was so sad to hear about her cancer, but this feels like such a crappy thing to have happened when she was fighting so hard...

Oh love, I’m so sorry
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (19-01-21)