Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Horribly high death figures today - it will be a few weeks before we see new cases and deaths come down from the beginning of lockdown.

I am just taking things one day at a time but it is worrying for us all.

I’ve had an email confirming I should be shielding until at least 21 Feb, but also that I should have the jab by mid Feb - not too much longer before I can start to relax (my nails are taking the hit of my stress atm)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hopefully you will have the jab by mid February and the threat will be much reduced for you.

I know that as a small country in the EU, we are only going to get 1% of the allocation of the vaccine, but they have started arriving here since December 26th, and so far, only 20% of those doses have been administrated. The government have stated that the vaccine will only be administrated Mon - Fri, 9 - 5. Of course the virus will also adhere to these days and times!

Ok. Serious question now. What happens after you’ve had your vaccination. I mean it’s not like polio or German measles, you’re not at risk of catching that the moment you set foot out of the front door. It which point do you decide to trust the vaccine works and you are safe in the outside world to live a relatively normal life again? That is a huge leap of faith and wondering how you switch from the mentality of stay home stay safe, to go out no risk? It’s not like a light switch you can just flick on and off.

The vaccine is delivered in two doses, which I think are 2 weeks apart. You still need to stay home between the doses, and as for me, I'll be staying home until there is a better uptake of the vaccine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (08-01-21)

That’s what I mean, if after the 2nd jab someone says you’re free to go about your business as normal, the rest of the world isn’t normal. We’ve have a year of this viral threat hanging over our heads and you can’t just suddenly say “phew that’s great, now let’s go you the pub/theatre/festival/sports event. Of course there will be people like that but for the rest of society with half a brain I t’s a big shift in mindset.

Walker extraordinaire!
    My nurse friends have all had the vaccine.
    2 weeks between doses so still take hefty precautions between doses. You are considered immune 7 days after 2nd dose.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-01-21)

Absolutely not, and I suspect I’ll be shielding for quite a while. But at least it gives a glimpse of this ending for me. But apparently, immunity is at 21 days
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    21 days from initial dose which is 7 days after 2nd dose.
    Although may depend which vaccine you are given but I'm sure everyone is given full instructions when they receive it anyway.
    They all received the first manufacturer's to arrive.
    Last edited by Strugglingmum; 08-01-21 at 08:36 PM.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.