Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

You are completely missing my point.

Yes there are lots of other deaths which aren't covid related, but this is real. This is scary and is far more than "a cold" or flu even...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I never suggested it was anything but real or just the flu but even flu isn’t “just” the flu is it? I’m not underplaying this illness I’m just fed up with all the fannying around by the useless 2hats in power. It’s messing with everyone’s heads and the lack of clear direction is causing a lot of distress and I am totally fed up with all of it. I’m sick of the rule changes from one minute to the next and nobody for plan for anything positive.

Oh I know you didn't, but I've had so many others who have...
    At least the rules are in place until at least the end of Feb, but the legislation is in place until the end of March...

I think they are planning for positive though, it’s already been said that restrictions will be gradually eased as the vaccine impacts numbers, but it’d be irresponsible to give us false hope by setting out a timeline
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

In our neighbouring county they were in tier 1 Christmas Day, tier 2 Boxing Day and tier 3 New Year’s Eve. I mean really? 3 tiers in the space of a week. It’s a joke and the constant changes are seriously doing my head in. The local supermarket I use have had 12 staff test positive for Covid earlier this week. I’ve reached saturation point regarding covid rules and news and although I obey the rules I’ve had enough of the whole damned thing.

My parents went from tier 1 to 4 in two weeks, which initially they were not happy about, until they saw how fast the figures had changed on the Isle of Wight in that space of time.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm just watching coronavirus update on BBC. I've tried looking it up on google but can't get a definitive answer.....has the Excel/Nightingale Hospital been put into operation yet? I know they're fully equipped but are there any patients and staff working there? I haven't seen anything about it on the news!

Got the answer!!....Simon has just mentioned it....Nightingale is opening in London next week.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-01-21)

It was open then it closed and they are reopening it again. Also using it as a "mass vaccination site" too