Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

As of midnight Scotland are going into a full "legal requirement to stay at home" lockdown including closing all schools until at least Feb.

Boris is going to be announcing the English changes tonight at 8pm. This is to explain what's going to happen as they have stated that the tier system isn't enough to counteract the spread of the virus. Jeremy Hunt is urging BJ to go into full lockdown and close all schools immediately.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

OMG!! Wonder if Zoe and co knows about this? It doesn't surprise me really....I think the only way to get a grip on this plague is to have the whole of the UK singing from the same hymn sheet. Anyone think the same as me??

Yep. Not gonna happen though
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Also completely agree...

Hmmmmm, I don’t know what to think anymore. So much confusion and BS I kinda home I catch it and it finishes me off

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Hmmmmm, I don’t know what to think anymore. So much confusion and BS I kinda home I catch it and it finishes me off
    Oh! don't say that!! Wish someone would give BoJo a bloody comb!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I'm actually really shocked you'd even say something like that. I find that comment really insensitive and out of order actually. Esp as you have lost someone through this and I've friends who have family in intensive care fighting for their life..

The update for England is all schools to shut until AT LEAST February 1/2 term
    GCSE + A LEVELS are to be cancelled
    Other National exams to be cancelled
    Full lockdown

We’ve all gotta go out one way or another. If I wanted to be imprisoned I’d have committed a crime. I’m sick and tired of living in fear of a virus. If I get it I get it. I don’t care anymore

Do you think I want to be shut indoors for God alone knows how much longer? Do you think any of us do? But these restrictions are all about beating the virus, not living in fear of it.

And, by all accounts, it’s a horrible, horrible way to die - suffocated by your own lungs. And that’s if you don’t have a stroke, heart attack, septicaemia ...... Is that really how you’d want to go? I don’t think you do, that this is about other issues. Which is why it’s even more upsetting to me that you’d say something like that when I know you are a much more caring, sensitive person than that
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Great, that's what I'll tell my mate to tell her BIL then? The one who is on a ventilator where no one is allowed to go and visit? That's what we tell his kids? That staying in and keeping her daughter safe is pointless as after all we've all got to go...

I'm actually really cross that you can say things like this when so many have lost so many and not only through covid, but who weren't able to be there for important things like births, marriages, funerals etc because of the possibility that they could pass it on to someone else...
    I understand you're struggling, but this isn't the kind of comment you'd make - especially when you knew that some of us were struggling with knowing people who were dealing with this...