Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Suzi totally agree with you that Boris Gump and his cronies handled it wrong from the start, smartest thing to do at the very very begininng put masks on and keep distance but no advice given properly, I am sick to death of telling people to back away from me, Jays lungs are not good, we have been told to keep an eye on Caitlin for her lungs and Ryans immune system isnt brilliant, though they are not classed as high risk its a risk I wont take.

My brothers ex girlfriends mum lost her husband 6 weeks ago, she lives in wales and was going to stay with her daughter for a few days over xmas, now that wont happen, so now she is going to be on her own over christmas grieving for her husband.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

That's so sad...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It is the case for so many unfortunately which is why I feel so angry that promises were made that simply cannot be fulfilled. My cousin who lost her husband earlier in the year lives in London and in the same position. First Christmas without him and can’t have her family around to help her deal with it.

Walker extraordinaire!
    It's all very difficult but to be honest I would hate to be in government in unprecedented times of a global pandemic. Who signed up for that! I would hate to have to decide which research to follow, which professionals to be guided by with so much conflicting evidence.
    I am in no way defending the government but I guess as things develop and unfold difficult decisions have to be made and what was ok today may not be ok tomorrow.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I have to agree with you SM. It's all very upsetting that people's plans have totally been turned upside down, but if restrictions aren't put into place - however late in the day - they're blamed for negligence. There's more conflicting scientific advice than you can shake a stick at! I wouldn't have the job! The government are damned if they do and damned if they don't and it's a 'no win' situation. We've just got to get on with it as best we can I suppose.

New level 5 restrictions are coming in here on Christmas Eve afternoon. There were supposed to be no flights in since Sunday evening, but people were flying into Belfast and driving across the border.

How are the level 5 restrictions different for what you have now?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

No travelling more than 2km. All non essential businesses to close. No visitors to the house. No hugs or handshakes.

We haven’t had hugs or handshakes since March
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Indeed - I did an elbow bump with my friend today.

The situation in England is very frightening - I am torn between not following the news but also wanting to know what is going on.