Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather thread

Weather thread

So Storm Ciara? How's she treating you? We've got fence panels down and really bad wind and rain... Anyone else? Hope you're all staying safe and warm and dry!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Wet and windy here, lunch at the Cock yesterday, I think it'll be lunch at home today.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I’m not leaving the house today - it’s awful out there
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

We are on flood alert. Took Ted for a walk earlier and I’ve never seen the river break it’s bank this bad ever and the rain shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. The river level has gone from under 50cm to over 3m in less than 12 hours. That was this morning, the river level is still rising. We had a break from the rain for an hour and it’s just started again now.

Stay safe everyone... AA are you far enough away to be safe?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    our roads are flooded. The tide is roaring over the sea walls. Staying put today warm and safe. Hoping the electric stays on
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I was out for work at 6am and have had small branches flying at my car, had wheelie bins skidding across roads in front of me and its pushed my car around a fair bit as the car is only small.

Its been horrible here but at the moment has seemed to calm down a bit and the sun has come out a little bit
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I think we’ll be ok, just checked and the river level and it’s dropped 10cm in the last hour. The river is less than 150m away from my house. We’ve been on alert before but never flooded.

EJ
    We’ve got an amber alert for wind. The storm is much worse this afternoon. I went to Church this morning and it wasn’t too bad. Many of the older members stayed away. There are many trees down locally and train cancellations. I will have to see if college is on tomorrow as there are many old trees in the grounds.The cats want to go out but I’m keeping Bertie in. D is hoping to go to Church to ring a quarter peal soon. There is a member coming from Cambridge. I don’t think he is going to make it.

Storm Ciara hit here yesterday and is still making her presents felt now. The rivers around are very close to bursting their banks, and I've even seen water coming from a stone!! The door is shut and I'm not moving until tomorrow.