Thread: Feeling a bit down **su triggers**

Feeling a bit down **su triggers**

It’s new year and I am frightened by it. At Christmas my husband had a heart attack and is off work and getting better a lot of work to do. Plus with Christmas
    I feel really run down and unhappy then I took our dog out for a walk last night and he snapped at another dog and nipped her that was traumatic in itself the other dog looked ok and we checked it out before they moved on and gave her our number. Feel like I ho from one crisis to another. Our son is still the same when my husband was in hospital he blamed himself which did contribute to the heart attack we have both been under a lot of pressure. I kept wishing I could die and then my husband had a heart attack it was out of the blue and very frightening I wanted it to be me not him. I feel all messed up at the moment.
    Last edited by Suzi; 01-01-20 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Adding SU trigger warning as per DWD standard practise.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Oh sweetheart am sorry that happened to your husband but glad he is now on the mend.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

As you've discussed a wish to die I've added the standard SU trigger warning as it's only fair to warn other members who may not feel able to talk about things like that without triggering themselves.

I'm sorry about your husband love, hope he's able to rest and make a full recovery.
    Is your son still living with you?
    Have you been to see your Dr and told them how you are feeling yet?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m sorry your husband has been ill, hunni and things are so tough
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

No I haven’t been to the doctors as my husband is going to them twice a week and the rehab twice a week. I just feel a bit miserable. Plus the dog last night didn’t help we are so animal lovers the lady who owned the dog said it was ok just a nip where the woman with her was rude I understand but don’t need people to be rude she said she would ring today but nobody has done so far I don’t know whether to ring her or not to see how the dog is

Why aren’t you going to the doctors? You need help just as much as your husband does...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree. Just because your husband is seeing a doctor it doesn't mean you shouldn't be...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!