Page 68 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning lessons and taking it forward

Oh no, poor Polo. Such a crappy time for him to be poorly with this damned virus making life so difficult, not that there is ever a good time to be poorly. What are you going to do?

We’ve talked about it again. We’re going to see whether we can get his pain under control in the next couple of days and go from there. If we speak to the vet they’re going to want to see him and we’re not sure if that’s the best option for him right now. He hates the vets so very much and to go in without us would just raise his stress levels massively. But it maybe we have no choice
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Can you speak to the vet about it stressing him and ask if they can give you a mask and a pair of gloves to go in with him ?
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I don't know what to say so I'll just leave these for you and Polo
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Is there any way that he can be given something to help calm him down before he goes in? I know we've given Moiya stuff before when there were huge amounts of fireworks....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Can you speak to the vet about it stressing him and ask if they can give you a mask and a pair of gloves to go in with him ?
    No, there’s a no exceptions policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Is there any way that he can be given something to help calm him down before he goes in? I know we've given Moiya stuff before when there were huge amounts of fireworks....
    Things like that have never worked for him - he’s a big wuss

Ok, so this is the lump

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh wow! That is big. I was wondering if it was something like bursitis? That would be incredibly painful for him. Judging by the location it probably isn’t that. Don’t know until it’s checked out.

We’ve decided to email photos to the vet tomorrow and take it from there

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (08-04-20),Stella180 (07-04-20)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds like a good idea hunni,
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

That's a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be... I agree, send it to the vet and see what they say. They know his history too so they should be able to help...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!