Page 53 of 113 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning lessons and taking it forward

Oh no, so that means she's to follow the new 14 day isolation with her bf too.... Lots of box sets and food delivery?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yep, though Si went over to drop food at her doorstep this evening
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How's she feeling in herself? Does this mean Si is working from home?

How are you today love?

She’s got a sore throat but otherwise ok. Hopefully it’s not anything to worry about. Yes, Si’s offices are closed til 10 April. I’m ok, how about you? Are you self isolating?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Glad she's OK and that Si's at home with you love.

Me? My girls are still at school - Hazel has her first real GCSE next week - 2 of her class are out and under isolation, her teacher is and the only other staff members able to allow them to use the sewing machines "can't really help you as I know nothing about textiles" so who knows what's meant to happen... Year 12 were out of school today, tomorrow it's year 8 and 9 out.
    I'm still taking really sensible precautions - lots of hand washing and relying on Marc for shopping etc... I'm not going to Church, not going to see my Mum etc just staying at home as much as possible.
    Ben's uni have announced they are shutting for the year. Marc's going to get him on Thursday and then he just has lectures and exams online - so the exams now have to be "open book" because they can't make sure everyone is being totally honest...

I'm going with the "it'll be what it'll be" thing atm...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (17-03-20)

There’s always a silver lining - you get to have your boy home I didn’t realise how many people I have coming in and out of my house - all of which are ‘unnecessary contact’ so I’ve spent quite a bit of time talking to them all today to ask them to stay away. Still, Si’s chuffed as it’ll save money - his silver lining

Absolutely, am looking forward to having him home.

Lol, does this mean that Si is taking on all the unnecessary contact duties? Cleaning, dog walking, shopping and anything else?

How are you today love? How's Katie? Any news from Jess?

Si’s going to be busy lol, but I’m not sure he’s up to doing my hair and nails

I’ve not heard from Katie yet this morning but yesterday evening she was ok - bored but ok. MIL was going to talk to the tour company yesterday afternoon but we haven’t heard from her yet (communication is not her strong point). Jess is having a whale of a time, though Taj Mahal was closed yesterday

Glad Jess is having fun! Annoying about MIL though!
    So, no quick learning nails and hair for Si? You disappoint me....

Jess is really disappointed as the tiger safari was cancelled. We talked to her a little while ago and she was talking about flights - so she’s obviously a little worried about it too. Si is going to email the tour company. I just want her home....