Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1129

Thread: Learning lessons and taking it forward

Are there any alternatives?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I don’t know. One of the alternatives I had a nasty reaction to, the diuretic isn’t helping. So I don’t know where we go from here. Si has suggested I speak to the GP on Tuesday about stopping it and then get a tel appointment with the neurologist
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I think Si's right...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (24-05-20)

Struggling. Other than my bloods and talking to the doctor, I’ve been sleeping all morning. Except when I’ve been wringing the plaster between my fingers......

GP has asked me to halve the dose tonight and will call me tomorrow, hopefully the lithium results will be back. She’s also asked me to speak to the neurologist asap, so I’ve spoken to his secretary and she’ll email him. GP was very keen on making sure I had people around me
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm not surprised she wanted you to have people around you.
    What've you done to your fingers?

You still feeling rough?

Ah no, it was the plaster from my bloods - I took it off and was just wringing it Through my fingers for about half hour

Yeah, I’m rough. I spend my life trying to keep stable and this screws it all up

Oh lovely, it will get better...

It’s just a bump in the road. It’ll soon be sorted.

Really? Only the GP was loathe to reduce the topiramate because ‘you’ve tried everything else’

Had a call from a different GP this evening. Lithium results back already and they’re high. Because I was taking the whole dose at night, he wants me to try splitting the dose between morning and night to see if my body copes with it better that way - and retest in a month