Page 67 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning lessons and taking it forward

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You on the full 3 months isolation? I sympathise.
    Not officially, but because of my general health plus the danger of lithium toxicity if I get very ill, Si is insisting on us being very careful. And so is Katie so she won’t come over either. I’m not happy .....

Si’tricked’ me tonight . He was feeling sorry for me with my diet so he made me a double dose of my weightwatchers sweet and sour chicken dinner. I was so hungry I scoffed the lot and didn’t even realise - he told me if he’d asked me, I’d have said no lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-04-20)

Oh that sounds like a dirty trick, I’m sure you hate him for feeding you an extra portion. NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Oh that sounds like a dirty trick, I’m sure you hate him for feeding you an extra portion. NOT!
    I’m full for the first time in a month!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (03-04-20)

Lol! Well played Si!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

And with a happy belly I’m sure you feel better in yourself

So, the past few days have been increasingly worrying for us re Polo. He’s had a bit of a lump on his shoulder for a while but this has suddenly got bigger. He’s limping very heavily on that leg, he’s refusing to go upstairs and he’s sleeping excessively, even for a greyhound. We’ve doubled his tramadol from 300mg to 600mg a day but he’s not going for a walk. I think we’re all beginning to wonder if it’s cancer but, at his age, there’s no point in getting a biopsy and our vets are having a no human policy - which means he’d have to go into the surgery without us, and that would be hugely stressful for him ......

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Oh hunni am sorry Polo is in pain, would it be worth ringing the vets and seeing what they say?
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Sorry to hear hunni. Would it be worth trying to have a telephone consult at least?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Oh hunni, I'm sorry Polo is poorly....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!