Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,129 of 1129

Thread: Learning lessons and taking it forward

So I did a little bit of research last night on prolonged overtreated hypothyroidism. Turns out it’s a significant risk factor in osteoporosis......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Let's not borrow trouble shall we? You've got enough dealing with the here and now, rather than worrying about what "might" happen in the future.......

How are you today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Step away from Dr Google.

Not dr Google, it’s the main U.K. charity for thyroid disease, a charity I've obviously had an interest in since lithium damaged my thyroid 13 years ago, which meant having to have radiotherapy, which destroyed my thyroid.

It’s also not a sometime in the future either as with a hyperactive thyroid (which effectively the over medication gave me), a scan is recommended 2-3 years after successful medication starts.

As it’s the GPS up that led to my prolonged over medication, I’m going to insist on a bone scan.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Sounds sensible
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Sorry mate I didn’t mean to upset you. It sounds like a bone scan is a good plan and with hopefully give you some piece of mind that no permanent damage has been caused, not that that lets the quacks off the hook.

Absolutely get that scan. It's the least they can do. It's disgraceful what's happened to you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ve talked to Si and I’m going to completely stop the topiramate. I’ve not yet heard from neurology but I’m done waiting.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-06-20)

I’m closing this thread as. It’s far too long