Thread: Old Member/ New member

Dee

Old Member/ New member

I used to be on here a long long time ago, things moved on and I've kept up with the facebook page but not on here so had to re register.

I've been told I have depression, anxiety, ptsd, possibly borderline personality disorder, bipolar and who knows what else. Seems like it changes every time I go somewhere different so I just go with what works really.
    I'm on medication, only one for my brain pain nowadays thankfully which is escitalopram 10mg.
    I'm also on thyroid meds and just been diagnosed with diabetes so taking metformin for that too.

I live mostly on my own after splitting with my long term partner about 18 months ago, we get on a lot better since I left.
    We have a daughter, she's nearly 14, being a nightmare with school and attitude but she will come through it, hopefully sooner rather than later!!

I have pets, 2 young cats, 7 female rats, tarantulas, 1 hamster, 1 mouse, giant snails, cockroaches and had a mid life crisis and bought a centipede because I felt sorry for it, eeep.

I work in an office in the middle of Carlisle, lovely view of the Cathedral out of my window.

Think that's it, any questions just ask!

Dee.

Mira
    Hi there and welcome. Or should I say welcome back.

Its always nice to meet new people here. I do know how a diagnosis can change depending on who you talk with. It was even on Dutch tv a few weeks ago how many times this happens. Are you seeing someone about your diagnosis at the moment or just the medication?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Hi and welcome back! Did you use the same username as it seems to ring a bell?

My youngest is 18 and has only recently come out of that phase so I completely empathise.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi hunni, lovely to see you - wish you were feeling brighter though.
    My two girls are almost 16 and 14 1/2 so I feel your pain!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Dee
    I think it was Dee_Williams before. I stick to a theme lol.

No you are meant to give me hope she will come out of it after Christmas and be wonderful, not go on for years!

All I can say is talk to her and remember, it's the world she's angry with, not you personally!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Ah sorry, can’t do that I’m afraid but it does get better, eventually. Have hope .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hi and welcome Dee
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR