Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some advice needed

Mira
    That is so conciderate.

I think that if she wanted you to stop talking she would say that. Or not reply. From what you posted so far I think if you are being you thats more then good enough and otherwise go with what se is saying. Because like I said we all react in different ways.

ritual93
    I'm just not sure if I should tell her that she can trust me, and that I have no motive and I'm here for her as a friend (as I've not told her this yet) or just carry on as I am and just checking in on her and letting her know I'm here etc.

Thanks

To be fair, chances are she's been told that someone will be there for her and letting her down before. It's not easy to be the partner of someone with depression when they are trying to push you away....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

ritual93
    Yep, I figured that has probably happened.. I was thinking about just sending her some flowers, nothing spectacular just a little gesture.. As actions do speak louder than words, but I've been in two minds about that as I'm not sure if that would make her feel worse/guilty or if it would be a good thing to do

Sending flowers is a lovely gesture, I'd accompany it with a text stating no strings etc... Have you seen her since this has been a problem?

Flowers are always welcome
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

ritual93
    Thanks all, you've been a great help

So glad!

ritual93
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sending flowers is a lovely gesture, I'd accompany it with a text stating no strings etc... Have you seen her since this has been a problem?
    Just to answer your question... I haven't seen her since, I don't think it would be a good idea to just show up, as much as I would like to? I did say we could go out to the cinema or even just for a walk one time whenever she felt up for it, no pressure.

Thanks

It sounds that you are doing all you can - all you can do is hope that she gets back to you.