Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello there

Happy New Year!
    I am taking time out for myself this afternoon. Everything has been crazily busy over the last few weeks. I have just written down all the things whizzing around in my head (with Pen’s help) and my cup is definitely overflowing! I have started a new cross stitch kit
    Work is going well - my confidence is slowly building up. I had a supervision session a week ago and the team leader said she had heard nothing but positive things about me The residents are lovely, it is lovely getting to know them.
    Hope you are all ok xx
    One day at a time ....😃

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

OldMike (02-01-20)

Well done! I never doubted it. And I’m glad you’re taking some time for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

So glad things at work are going well and you've started to take tims out for you love.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi all,
    I am really struggling I went to the doctor - well it was a nurse) on Monday to request reducing my pregabalin to 25mg (from 50mg) I was convinced it was the right thing to do but now I am stressing about it being the wrong decision. At the moment I am taking 75mg immediate release venla. and I am concerned that the lower pregab will make it feel too strong. Pen has pointed out that we can get it changed back to 50mg straight away if there is a problem (and in fact I have a couple of weeks worth of 50mg so I could try the 25mg before the 50mg run out) I just feel really exhausted and mentally drained and although I thought I was doing the right thing, I am seriously doubting it now.
    One day at a time ....😃

Why do you think the lower preg will make the ven feel stronger?
    Be aware that reduction of pregabalin is really hard, you can get strong withdrawal symptoms, so just be aware.

Sweetheart you can try it if you want and change back if needed...
    Why do you want to reduce the preg?

Pregabalin is tough to reduce, and very quickly makes you feel like crap, so that’s going to impact your mood. (There have been times when I’ve forgotten my morning dose and was in a mess before lunchtime!). What prompted you to ask to reduce it? That’s not to say it was wrong, it’s got lots of side effects so I can understand anyone wanting to come off it....... and you know your body better than anyone.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-01-20)

I'm going to talk to the GP in the morning and say I have made a mistake and want to stay on the 50mg.
    One day at a time ....😃

Sweetheart that's your choice, but if it's got you so upset today then it might be a good idea? Maybe wait for you to be totally stable for around 6 months before you start changing things?

Hello,
    I have been to my doctor and reinstated the 50mg Pregabalin. I have also split my Venla. so that it isn't so fierce. I took today off from work as I was sick this morning so am resting up this afternoon.xx
    One day at a time ....😃

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I'm glad you sorted things out with your gp and that your resting x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR