Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello there

Well done, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (09-01-20)

Sounds like a good option lovely. Hope you feel better soon.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (09-01-20)

Hi, I'm really struggling ATM. I slept really badly last night and on Thursday night. I spoke to the crisis team at 4am and I am going to get referred back to the local MH team. I think a lot of this is SAD, which I always suffer from at this time of year. Following a chat with my counsellor, I have upped my pregabalin for the time being. So hard xx
    One day at a time ....😃

Hunni, altering pregabalin doses is awful. I know when I am late or miss a dose it completely hits me hard with withdrawal. I have other meds which have similar effects if I change the dose etc... Is it "just" your pregabalin that you've been changing around a bit?

What self care things can you put in place? It's really hard, but sometimes you have to do it. Maybe find an audio book or listen and follow a guided meditation? I use things like that and watch old TV series so I don't disturb Marc as much as possible and the kids at all. I know he'd want to be there for me and hold my hand through the moments of pain and panic, but I know that it really messes up his mental health and I hate that..... It's blinking hard though!

I understand what you are saying Suzi I am still taking 75mg of Venla. and my night time meds are the same. I have just upped the Pregabalin to the level it was last winter. I will consistently take 100mg three times a day from now on. Pen and I are working through this together.
    One day at a time ....😃

That's awesome. I'm glad you're working through things together...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-01-20)

Just thought I’d check in. How’s things?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I was wondering the same thing...

Hello there,
    Thank you for asking. I have an appointment with the Primary Care doctor this afternoon at 2:30pm (I self referred) I am amazed at how quickly this has come through as I only spoke to the nurse on Monday. The appt. is for an hour and Pen is coming with me. We will be able to talk everything through. My mood has been has been quite low, I am struggling to concentrate and enjoy things atm.
    Pen has a shut down week coming up so we are hoping to do something special together then.
    Xx
    One day at a time ....😃

Glad you've posted and it's great news about the Dr. Just a reminder to be totally open and honest with them about everything... i know it's hard, but they can't help if they don't have all the information.
    Will you let us know how you get on?