Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine on a rainy day *Ab triggers*

My test is this afternoon. I'm nervous atm. I haven't told Ais that I'm going ahead with the test because she was worrying about me. She was convinced that I have it and that I'm going to die. I told her that if I had it, I'd be a lot worse by now.

Iíll be thinking of you . Do you know when you get the results?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

So glad to hear from you! How did the test go? When do you get the results?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

The results could take up to a week. The test was fine. A little bit intimating driving in - armed police and armed army personal. But I didn't have any problems and it was straight in and out.

That does sound intimidating. Well done for going. How's G and A doing?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Oh wow. Did G take you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I had to go alone. But it was okay. And it was my first time taking out my new car by myself.
    Gerry's work has staggered start times, so they can comply with social distancing. From tomorrow they are to ring the doorbell of their elderly and more vulnerable customers. They can check if they need shopping or stuff from the chemist. They have also to offer to bring the daily paper.
    Ais is getting lots of work from school. She also has conference calls from a different teacher each day. The work she gets keeps her going all day, but we do get out for a short walk at "lunchtime".
    She is worried that I will get the virus, so I didn't tell her my test was today. She found out when I was gone, when she asked Gerry.

Hunni, even if it is COVID-19, you are still well enough to be at home and still well enough to drive to get the test. Which suggests to me either that youíre going to be fine or youíre already getting over it. Perhaps thatís what Ais needs to hear?

I agree with Paula - Sweetheart if it is then you've stayed well enough to be at home for a while and I'd imagine that's the worst it'll get.
    Are you all allowed out? Here we're on lockdown even if you haven't any symptoms, but before this if any member of your family has any symptoms the entire household has to be on isolation for 14 days... I'm surprised G is allowed to work and you're allowed outside your house + garden with symptoms...

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Gerry would be classified as an essential worker if he was in the UK. Armed police and armed personnel carriers that sounds really scary, hopefully you'll be clear or past the worse.
    73 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018 & 2019
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~