Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine on a rainy day

There are 8 different years in our national schools. Junior and senior infants, and then 1st to 6th class.
    Last year I did 3 doors, junior and senior infants and 6th class. A few of the teachers asked if I'd consider doing their doors this year, so in case I leave anyone out, I'm just doing the whole lot.

You're so kind! What ideas have you come up with?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

So far I've done Olaf, Santa's good list, Olaf's baby picture and a complete frame of the doorway with green and red netting, complete with red bows and red baubles on the door.
    This evening I've been working on a fireplace. It's been hard work because I feel like I'm wading through treacle, so I've decided that I'll wait until Wednesday to go back to the school. I still have 2 more doors to put together. I have Santa stuck in the chimney already done.
    I'm thinking of a gingerbread house for one, and a Christmas tree for the other. The longest part is sticking the background together.

Wow! That's a huge amount of work for one person! I know when I was teaching, we did the doors and decorated the classrooms together! You're very imaginative and so kind! Do please take some time out for resting love...
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

I've been down to the school again today. I've done 3 more doors today. I thought I just had one more to go, but the resource teacher asked me to do her door too. So 3 more to go. One will be just a big red ribbon and a big bow in the center. The other I'm not sure of yet. I'll look later.

I was reading and wondering if maybe you took some pictures? It must look awesome.

I hope you are ok with all this work. And that you are getting some rest.

Wow! I thought you were going to take a break today?

For more info please see
    THIS thread

I've just made a very large Christmas cracker to put on the other door. Gerry thinks it's not suitable because there is nothing inside it!!

How are you feeling, hun?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm okay. I've an appointment in Toghermore tomorrow at 2, and I'm not looking forward to that. But my mood is good and I love being busy, but maybe not quite this busy.