Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

Easily done - I’m getting grief from Si after wearing heels Friday and being in agony yesterday :/. Did you have a good time with the kids?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Friday night yes, yesterday... mostly. There are bits of A's behaviour that needs working on as she often doesn't listen and just does what she wants.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Lol, my kids are still doing that
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The big one is running off in crowded places and near roads. It's dangerous and they've already had to lock down the museum around a year ago because she did just that and J's mum lost sight of her.

REmind me how old is she? Have you/J explained to her how much you love her and that you worry when you can't see her? What about a wrist strap?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

She's 4, nearly 5. T tends to be sent to keep up with her. I told J rather bluntly that it wasn't fair on T and she needs to learn that she doesn't run off near roads or further than she can be seen comfortably and that she needs to learn the word no too. She held my hand pretty much the entire time from coming out of the museum to the car park as I told her that if she runs off near a road she may end up being knocked over and she'd look like a pancake and everyone would be sad but she wouldn't be allowed in grandpas car as she would make a mess of his seats. Maybe not the best but it worked on New Years Day so thought I'd try it again

Sounds like she's never had that danger awareness drummed into her.

No. J tries his best but I think he's still dealing with her shouting at him and being told he wouldn't cope without her. That coming from someone who, when A wouldn't stay in bed the beginning of the week, told her that if she got up, she wouldn't be allowed to go to the new house and would have to stay there on her own. A asked J's mum the next day if she would go visit her...

OMFG That's so horrific. That poor baby. All you can do is show her with love. I can't imagine anyone more perfect to bring her round. She needs you and I think you need her too.... Never underestimate how important you are to her and her development love.

I'm still utterly appalled that she said that. It got brought up last night before she picked them up and even T asked why on earth she would say something like that.