Page 84 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

So, any chance of increasing your driving lessons?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    No. 2 hours a week is costing £48. I can't afford any more
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

That's such great news about T!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

So something I've been sitting on... we popped to a museum on the Keighly to Oxenhope line at Ingrow. J, his Dad and T had a look in the magazine room and A dragged me around the museum bit to look at things. I was happy with that, I could keep up with her and she listened to me and T got some valuable time on his own with his Dad. Only thing is when T came out to look around the museum part, they started playing a game where he was giving cab rides on one of the locos and A decided that I had to pretend to be her mum. For an hour I had her calling me mum or mummy. I'm not going to lie, I found it difficult but I kept quiet about it. She's 4 years old, she was just playing a game. Just hoping it gets easier

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Awww sweetheart I can't say it will get easier but hope it does, but you will get more used to it and get more accustomed to it with time.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

If you aren't comfortable then maybe say something to her - maybe come up with your own special name that just she and T get to call you? It would also ease things with Cruella as I imagine she'll make things hideous for the children if she hears that she's been calling you Mummy....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Interestingly enough, T only wants to see Cruella, not live with her. He wants to live with his dad. She's already moved her new bf in, the children only met him the end of October, and she's still telling J that they could have fixed things and I ripped their family apart. Bodes well...

I didn't say anything as she was playing, she was pretending Grandpa was her uncle too.

Mira
    Well one thing I have noticed is that what Cruella seems to say the opposite is true. But it seems you all know far to well how she is and that she is not telling the truth.

With the other I agree with Suzi. But it is sweet too. And if she did not want to she would not have done it. So it seems like you will have a great strong connection with her.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-01-20)

T has told J's dad that he doesn't trust her. That speaks volumes to me

I know why you found that difficult but I will say that young children play ‘mummies and daddies’ all the time. She won’t see it as anything more than that. But Suzi’s idea is good - A would love having a very special name that only she (maybe T but he’s that much older so may not want to) can call you.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.