77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (27-12-19)

Mira
    How sweet of them both. Sounds like you are all a great match

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (27-12-19)

Told ya so

You're going to be so important in their lives. You're awesome.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (27-12-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Ok so truth be told, Christmas has been eventful!!! We had a lovely afternoon with the children on Christmas Eve. We watched The Grinch (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Arthur Christmas as I've never seen them, and ate lots of rubbish. The children seemed to enjoy it and so did I. It's when he dropped them off that it went wrong...

The kids should be with J from Monday afternoon once he's awake but she's booked tickets for the panto in Shorpe for Monday afternoon without even checking it was ok with him as she'll need the children until evening. He asked if he could have them extra on Thursday as he's losing time with them on Monday and got told no. No discussion, just no. He tried to point out that he was losing time with them but was ok for her to have them longer as she wanted to do something with them and her response was if he starts messing around she'd go for full custody. At this point her new bloke came to the door and told her to stop arguing, tell him to f*** off and sort it later then went back into the living room... Apparently he was really aggressive with it too and J was livid. He told her that he never speaks to him like that again and he isn't having that language around his children. She said the kids were upstairs and he pointed out he was talking to them in the living room. It massively affected his mood for the rest of the evening and a large part of Christmas Day. She tried to bring me into it and he pointed out that I wasn't trying to interfere with sorting out arrangements for the children.

When she dropped them off on Christmas Day she bitched about me being there until he pointed out I had gone home and then she let slip that her bf had stayed, after she'd asked J previously if he was ok with that and he said no. She tried excusing his behaviour by saying that he was upset about not seeing his daughter Christmas Day. J said he sympathised but it doesn't mean he can elbow his way in and start dictating with his children. She's apparently told her bloke that if there's a repeat of his behaviour then he's out but I don't believe that for a second... Her bf has also complained that J was rude when he bumped into him outside the village shop. Apparently he was supposed to know who he was despite never having been introduced. Not sure how that works. He's also expressed concern about the children running in front into the shop without waiting for J. Into a small village shop where they know everyone who works there. In a small village. Where there is only one way in and out and that would be past J...

She's also complained about how much he texts T. She said it's infringing on her time yet T wants him to continue as he's doing. It turns out that T often doesn't bother replying when she texts him... And it turns out that T did hear her bf being aggressive with J as he's asked about it and isn't happy about it. She's had a go about him not sorting her a Christmas present from the kids either. Despite her not bothering as she claims his parents had already done it (she's left it until the last minute as I'd been talking to his mum about it a week or 2 earlier. And this is after I'd specifically started the conversation with T asking if he'd sorted anythingnfor his mum for Christmas and he said yes! T is also aware that she doesn't like me from her reaction as A keeps talking about me She's an utter cretin!!!

Anyway, going to really her off next year and help the kids sort her presents out

Rant over!
    And Thomas has said again that he really likes me! And their presents went down well. Apparently A giggled all the way through her book
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Mira
    What I am reading is that J's ex is so so selfish. It is sad that everybody around her is having to suffer because of it. The kids and J and you. She must have been a hand full.

But the thing I love about this post is that you and J do not need to go down to her level. You have each other and the kids seem to be so happy with you. Let the ex cause her own downfall.

Its sad for the kids. They deserve the best. And to be in the best stable surroundings. And that does not seem to be at there mothers. But then they at least have the dad thats a good influence and you. They are lucky in that way.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (28-12-19),Suzi (28-12-19)

The children deserve so much better. T is scared of her, no child should ever be scared of their mum. He's already told J that she doesn't shout at them when he bf is there, she takes them to one side and has a quiet word with them and when he's not there it's back to shouting. She's moving out of the village next month apparently, it sounds like she's moving in with him already so the children have had barely 3 months to get used to him...

Mira
    Yes that is something that is universal. Or should be universal. That no child should be scared of any parent.

And it is moving fast for them. She does not seem to take the children into account at all.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (28-12-19),Suzi (28-12-19)

I'd like to say I'm shocked, but from everything you've said about her I'm not surprised in the least!
    This is why we've been saying that the children need you in their lives and the huge effect that you are going to have with them...
    Make sure he's keeping a written record of all of this and get a copy to his solicitor!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (28-12-19)

Mira
    This is so true. The kids are going to be so happy with you in their lives. A way more stable and kind influence.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (28-12-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'd like to say I'm shocked, but from everything you've said about her I'm not surprised in the least!
    This is why we've been saying that the children need you in their lives and the huge effect that you are going to have with them...
    Make sure he's keeping a written record of all of this and get a copy to his solicitor!
    I dragged him across to his parents Christmas Eve night to get it logged. Everything is being kept there and the solicitor is being kept up to date. I just want to be the mother figure those children deserve. I know I will never be their mum but I intend to love them and treat them like they're my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    This is so true. The kids are going to be so happy with you in their lives. A way more stable and kind influence.
    All I can do is try my best and let them know I'm there for them.

I was taken aback on Christmas Eve by A. She threw herself at me for hugs and nearly knocked me flying and told me she missed me. And J and his mum are determined that I'm going to the panto with them all next month.