Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: the book addict rejoins the world

It's got nothing to do with organisation though.... What do his parents/best friends think? I just don't understand it at all...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ian used to be like that until I had it out with him! Up until a few years ago he'd get C cards that were addressed to him only, and the inside to him only!! Then he sent cards from just him!!! as if I didn't bloody exist!! I was hurt and furious. I've gotten used to the fact that his best friend is a woman!! I asked him if he was ashamed of me or something and he didn't understand what I meant....well he does now!!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    That's something I pointed out to him tonight Flo. That it took him a year to introduce me to his best friends despite knowing for 6 months or more that it was getting to me, that I've been kept a secret for a year and still feel like a secret as I feel like I can't even tag him when I share photos on facebook, that most people he interacts with on there don't even realise he's separated, let alone with me. He hasn't even had a proper conversation with one of his best friends about it all.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

That's really weird.... And I'd be in pieces about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I've lot count of the number of times I've challenged him on this
    Yes but how much? Have you insisted? Have you set ultimatums? I know I sound dramatic but just telling him it upsets you might not be getting through to him. I know you don’t want to be like Cruella is with him so I’m concerned that he just doesn’t get how much it’s all upsetting you.

Oh, and just what would happen if you tagged him on fb? The people that matter know ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

He says he does, he can read me really well. I even flipped it tonight and asked how he would feel if our positions were reversed and he didn't really know how to answer that but said he understood my point

And I honestly don't know. I've asked him about being able to tag him and even about going fb official, then he has access to our photos too. At the moment he asks me to send him pics if he wants them, like the other week when he told Thomas which was awkward as I was in the middle of an assignment. Not really had a straight answer...
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 08-12-19 at 08:56 PM.

But is he going to do something about it?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry, was editing. Time will tell. It was his mums suggestion to tell him what was happening as he was panicking about time as A has dance class, T is having his hair cut and it's the Christmas light switch on in the village

Thing is this is something that should come from him, not his parents....

He probably rivals me when it comes to overthinking about things and panicking about things.